Bizarre

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Squaretail

Why a WalMart? People out there are just plain nuts.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
Colonel

No one likes Walmart. They’ll probably give this guy the key to the city, like Detroit and Saddam Hussein in 1980.

I am not making that up.
Colonel

Speaking of aviation and hate, I heard some Pitts flew formation at the CNE.

Let me know when the government bans them from Canada. Me, Jason and Eric will have a welcoming party for them here.

I remember one day, driving out to the airport. Two OPP cruisers and a woman with a clipboard were waiting outside my locked up hangar. The woman asked me if I had seen me lately and I replied no and drove off. Technically that was true - I had not seen myself since I shaved that morning, in the mirror.

I soloed Eric at age 14 in the Maule and Transport called Children’s Aid on me for allowing a child to operate a motorized vehicle without a helmet.

Got s very nasty letter from Children’s Aid - she had figured out it was me. Threatened me that she was keeping the file open on me.

Replied to the letter that aviation was federally regulated by the CARs and that the operator of an airplane was not legally required to wear a helmet regardless of age, and if Children’s Aid wanted to change this, they should contact CARAC and I helpfully included a URL.

So much hate and dysfunctionality in Canada.

Seek mental help, Transport.

And I’m sure there’s still an open file on me at Children’s Aid.

Being banned from Canada is like being banned from North Korea.
Colonel

Oh yeah. Another day in The People’s Republic of Canada.

Divorce court judge issued order - still in effect AFAIK - prohibiting Eric from attending airshows.

So he flew in one, here in America at age 18. I think it was legal because the court order was only valid in The People’s Republic of Canada. I think.

Sure lots of hate up north.
Colonel

Ok. With the above as context, I get a phone call from a Toronto law firm. What the fuck. I left the country 7 years ago. When is enough, enough?!

Turns out some ancestor of mine, Henry Boulton owns a parcel of land in downtown Toronto and they want a signoff from a descendant for a developer.

Toronto wants a favor from me??!!
Squaretail

Moving along...

Airplane is a King Air, so many questions! Did he have trouble finding a Wal-Mart? My god they got to be everywhere in Mississippi. At the end did he realize he didn't want to go taking out a low value target? Disgruntled employee? If he was a private owner of the thing (which is common in the US) how can he be disgruntled if he can afford a King Air? Looks like he was a pilot, put it down in a corn field ok. Where was the air force down there? I thought they jumped at the chance to intercept stuff. Is this guy another Matthias Rust? Or a barefoot bandit?
Colonel

Strive to be a gruntled employee, I guess.

You know he was from Key West?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Ho ... 0_incident
Nark

03FFC630-B0E6-475C-AF03-C45AF124102F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
vanNostrum

Colonel wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:11 pm
Ok. With the above as context, I get a phone call from a Toronto law firm. What the fuck. I left the country 7 years ago. When is enough, enough?!

Turns out some ancestor of mine, Henry Boulton owns a parcel of land in downtown Toronto and they want a signoff from a descendant for a developer.

Toronto wants a favor from me??!!
Tell them you sign when a 10.000' runway is finish at the island.
There are only 3 kind of people in this world
Those that can add and those that can't
Squaretail

Nark wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:54 pm
03FFC630-B0E6-475C-AF03-C45AF124102F.jpeg
That'll buff right out!