What is your favorite plane you have flown?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

[quote]you will be sent away for sensitivity training and social reprogramming[/quote]

Back in 2002 Arlo at TC made me take
"remedial training" on aerobatics and
instrument flying from a guy in BC,
which was not convenient, given that
I was in Ontario.

Federal Court later ruled that it was
bogus, punitive and double jeopardy,
and that TC was without credibility
when they claimed otherwise.

I really wish I was making this insane
shit up.

What I learned is that [url=http://www.pittspecials.com/movies/tumble.wmv]I don't fly
as well as Arlo.[/url]

For some odd reason, Arlo reminds me
of my Kindergarten teacher, Mrs Penderkratz.

Nark1

I'm with a lot of you guys.  I like many for the different reasons.

I've only flown 2 jets. And they each take the pilot away from the meat and potatoes of flying.

For that reason, (fixed wing at least) I love the super cub. If I could afford it, I'd trade my Stinson in.  (Sorry sweetheart).

For helicopters, the OH58. It like a jetranger except on steroids. The UH60M is sexy, but very automated. So is the older A model.

I like old school, aircraft, not women!
duCapo

The Colonel was talking about flying a T-Craft. I think some of the best fun I had flying was in a BC 12-D. Rented it off a guy at Delta Airpark, way back when, for $5.00 per hour, when 80/87 was well under a buck per gallon. No radio, no electrics, just fun flying. I was all over the coast on that thing, damn near killed myself on a few occasions, but I learned stick and rudder on that old girl. Oh yeah and it had shit for brakes.
David MacRay

I don't know why you'd want brakes in an airplane anyway. They don't even work if you're tires are off the ground like they are suposed to be.

Just do a 180 and back track if you miss the first taxi way and want to use it so bad.

This is totally subjective. It could be something like my favorite 172 was origionaly white with a blue stripe. Good old JKC.
cloudrunner

Definitely the Turbo Otter.
If you get the chance to fly one in a bush capacity, there's nothing like it.
I flew the Walter conversion which didn't give me so much as a hiccup in 300+ hours.
Barneydhc82

duCap:  Could be the same BC12D that I checked out a new owner at Delta Air Park about 20 some odd years  ago  It was fun flying but a real tight squeeze for 6'2" 200 pounder/

Barney
duCapo

[quote]duCap:  Could be the same BC12D that I checked out a new owner at Delta Air Park about 20 some odd years  ago  It was fun flying but a real tight squeeze for 6'2" 200 pounder/
[/quote]
I was flying this one back in 72, old age has the best of me, I can't remember the reg, I'll have to dig out my old logbooks.
David MacRay

I figure there are lots of new guys that joined 2016. So I'm waking up this thread.

Question is still a good one I think. Plus those who already answered don't have to unless they want/flew something new that has become their new favorite.
Barneydhc82

NarK:  If you enjoy the Super Cub then you would find the Aviat Huskey orgasmic..  I taught a guy here in BC to fly in his new Huskey and it was a blast in every respect...from short-field flying to cross-country, it did it all and well.

Barney
Nark1

Barney,

Thanks for that!  I'll have to see about getting my mitts on a Huskey. I've heard great things too.

Once I get released back into society again at the end of 2017, I was looking at upgrading the taildragger.  Huskey is a little north of my budget (maybe if I upgrade). Another one I've been eyeing is a Maule M5 or 7.