haters, flamers and trolls R us

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

It would appear that all or almost all of the posters that made Avcanada a success have either quit or were banned by the moderators.

The interesting discussions have turned into politically correct pablum.

Slick Goodlin

Chuck Ellsworth wrote: It would appear that all or almost all of the posters that made Avcanada a success have either quit or were banned by the moderators
You know, you're right.  That place is soooooo boring nowadays.  It's like the mods turfed all the experienced guys and now the ones who lived to fight them have nothing to say.

Strange place, that avcanada.
Chuck Ellsworth

There are quite a few posters that I genuinely hope stay in that sandbox, though.

They will not come here because they may not stay anonymous.
Chuck Ellsworth

i see BPF does not post much on the aviation forums since he got hired by T.C.

I sure feel for any one that has to deal with him in his new position of power where he can finally get even with the industry he never really made it in.
ScudRunner-d95

So I contacted Joe at Avcanada and I asked how much for the site..........................1.5 Million

So I went on this site and typed in Scudrunner.com

http://freesiteworth.com/website-worth/
$ 115                  Image  Last Updated: 28 Nov 2015  Scudrunners.com is 8 months & 8 days old. It has global traffic rank #0. Its domain having .com extension. Its Pagerank is 0/10. It is Not listed on Dmoz.  Scudrunners.com has estimated worth of $ 115 and have a daily income of around N/A.                 

I think it's missing a few zero's Chuck alone is worth 1.2 mil easy.

this site thinks we are worth a little more:
http://webvaluecheck.com/scudrunners.com

How much is scudrunners.com worth?    Get complete information about your website, our unique algorithm will calculate and estimate the daily unique visitors, page rank, ad income, traffic details and social stats etc..

Image EstEstimated Worth
$ 4,341

$ 4,341
  Last updated on 27th November 2015 03:14:07 PM        I wouldn't sell it for less than 1.51 Million

CpnCrunch

Those "what are a website worth" things are notoriously unreliable, although 1.5M is a bit ridiculous too. I was once considering making an offer to buy avcanada off Joe, although the continuing hacks put me off...there's no way of knowing which wordpress files still have hacks in them, so you would need to start from scratch.

I find it funny and a bit sad that Chuck has to let rip at BPF every so often. How exactly does left-seat in a firebomber equate to "the industry he never really made it in".

Chuck, what exactly happened with your flight school that's made you so bitter towards TC? I think you might have posted some details on avcanada, but I can't remember. Was it something to do with one of your planes not having the correct paperwork?

In the last month TC seems to be doing an awesome job of shutting down the shady operators. Hopefully they'll keep it up.
Slick Goodlin

I just looked up the supposed value of AvCanada on that site and it came in at $1745, or (very) roughly one third of what they valued this place at.  Don't even trade for that site, Scud!
ScudRunner-d95

For me it really isn't about the money on here, as long as it breaks even and the rest we put back into improvements.  Perhaps if we do really well I would like to buy a 172 start a flying club or partnership.

I heard Avcanada makes 60K a year
Chuck Ellsworth

Capt. Crunch.

My reference to BPF not really making it in fire bombing was based on what someone high up in the company he worked for told me they would never let him fly as PIC.

To the best of my knowledge he never did, unless it was after that individual retired, but hey ask BPF.

As to my problem with TC it had zero to do with paper work and everything to do with law breaking by TCCA from the bottom of their structure to the top.

I wrote about it for a couple of years on Avcanada.

In the end I won my case against them and the findings were TCCA broke the law.

And just to be clear on this subject I have no idea who you are nor do I really give a fuck about people who hide behind fake names, but don't even come close to suggesting I was ever in non compliance of the law during my career.

I have a low tolerance for cowards.
CpnCrunch

Lol Chuck, you do know who I am. I've spoken to you on the phone and you were going to have lunch with me sometime. I can't remember if I gave you my real name or not, but I certainly wasn't hiding it.

I wasn't suggesting you were in non-compliance with the law. I just remember you talking about some issue with one of your planes which I think resulted in you not being given an OC, but I don't have the time or energy to dig through all your old posts on avcanada to find it.