Greenpeace vandals spray paint Air France 777

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I hope that spray paint was soy based or there will be hell to pay at the next drum circle.

https://www.flightglobal.com/air-transp ... 47.article

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
vanNostrum

Are they going to jail or be treated like heros ?
There are only 3 kind of people in this world
Those that can add and those that can't
Nark

It’s really reassuring that French airport security is so tight, that they had the time to cover that much surface and no one came to bother them.

Granted that bird is in long term storage. Where’s the GIGN?
B070532B-506C-47CF-B8E7-C290DC639116.jpeg

Not to get all side tracked, but the French special Forces are bad ass MoFo’s. Rubbed shoulders a little my last tour. Let’s just say there is no backlog of French citizens who joined ISIS, awaiting court dates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Slick Goodlin

Does anyone else find that picture a little suspect? Here’s what I find bothersome:

-article says spray painted but the top edge of the green field sure looks like roller tracks
-how many cases of rattlecans would get such a uniform and large patch covered?
-the vandals would have needed ladders but the guys paid to fix it don’t seem to get any
-the guys ‘fixing’ it are using a roller
-I can’t see slopping paint thinner on the fuselage and across windows like that being in any way a good option
-on things less critical than airplanes vandalism is usually covered by a neutral colour paint until proper restoration can be done by the right people in the right place

So what’s the deal? Did the plane actually get vandalized but the news used a convenient but unrelated photo of an Air France bird being de-identified? Did the so-called vandals find a picture of a plane having green paint slopped on it and claim they did it on their own website before the news media picked up the story? Am I just losing my mind and should stay away from the tinfoil for a bit?