Bombardier Cuts Learjet.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
The Dread Pilot Roberts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... lity-drive

Interesting to see if anyone tries to buy the brand.
Bombardier screwed up not taking the Lear 85 into production among other things......

Scudrunner
Site Admin

I've said it before but Ill repeat. Bombardier should have branded all their Business jets LEARJET

Learjet: Global Series
Learjet: Challenger Series
Learjet: Learjets :lol:

Such a strong brand, I can't count the number of times people just called whatever business jet I was flying a "Learjet".

Bombardier is such a mismanaged company the family infighting screwed things up so badly it really is a shame.
The Challenger 300 was suppose to be the daddy Learjet of the brand but I was told the hissy fits and pissing match with the Laurentien Elites that run the company was something akin to a Cartman tantrum on South Park.

The CL side won and it went to the Challenger Line, year later the Lear 85 was suppose to be the savior of the brand and it could have been.
The 85 would have fit nicely between the 45 and the Challenger 300 lines but the numbers where making it look like a Challenger 300 competitor.
Not wanting to compete with themselves and already funneling Canadian tax payers money into the C-Series they pulled the plug.

I hope someone buys up the remnants and brings it back to its proper standing in Aviation.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.