We can't lose this site.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

If we lose this site because of a few people not being polite to each other where can we go to keep in touch with each other and discuss aviation?

Liquid_Charlie

Hear, hear - I agree Chuck

Wow I guess I missed something but then again I tend to filter out the threads that don't interest me.

Religion and politics always seems to be lightning bolts and people simply loose all rational thinking. Yup, aeroplanes and sex are the way to go.

A few cockup posts on one's own misadventures under tall tails(aircraft reference -lol) would be entertaining. Being a silly young pilot was very scary and very entertaining at times. I only flew and lived in of red lake for about 5 years, most of the entertaining stuff happened then. Standby for some of my life's experiences. :mrgreen:
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
JW Scud

The writing on the icon into the Hot Air forum does say: "All ye who enter here may get their feelings hurt". Perhaps this wording should be changed if that is not what one can expect in the forum.

Pprune has the same kind of forum known as Jetblast. The intent is to have all the political and non-aviation stuff clear of the regular forum designed for aviation talk.
Chuck Ellsworth

I only flew and lived in of red lake for about 5 years, most of the entertaining stuff happened then. Standby for some of my life's experiences. :mrgreen:
I got my second dose of the clap in Red Lake.....was it one of your girlfriends? :lol:
Liquid_Charlie

Rosie rotten crotch?
Scudrunner
Site Admin

New warnings up on the Hot Air Section. Thanks for the suggestion.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Chuck Ellsworth

Ahhh.... so you knew Rosie?

Were you the guy who told her she was good enough to eat?
Liquid_Charlie

Damn - going to delay BFast for a cpl hours now

Thread Drift -- hahah

Anyway to keep the original preface would be a wonderful thing. Unfortunately there are guys who like to post from the other forum that have "history" and part of the migration to here.

While there is a potential of a large group posting here the bottom line is when you take out the job hunters, the work discussions, even age demographics ( this place per-capata) likely has more time between bounces than most have total time over there.

We appeal to the hobbiest and non job oriented bunch. I just wish the word would get out there that the ab initio would find us and explore the vast well of experience there is to offer hear.
The reality check on how these schools subtly squeeze your wallet to the max with minimum effort.

The hot air section does allow non-aviation threads and I think we need a place where we can post subjects of interest but not to do with aeroplanes. We need to try and stop trying to push personal buttons when frustration arises. People also need to grow a thicker skin. Some of this shit is all part of forum life. Why can't people just walk away (not from the forum) when threads take a flyer. It reminds me of the fights my 8 year old daughter had on MSN :mrgreen:
Rosco P Coltrane
Location: Behind a billboard in Hazard County watching for spambots.

Well, you better figure out how to be pleasant with any new members.

Since mom is not here to tell you, I will....

If you don't have anything nice to say.
Don't say anything at all.