Ever heard of a "Turbo Wing"

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

So I was googling Cessna 207 images for a T-Shirt i'm designing. Will have a 207 with "Kansas Crowd Killer" below it.

and I stumbled upon this website.
http://turbo-wing-development.org.magna ... a-207.html
Cessna-207Grounded.jpg

CESSNA 207 SKYWAGON
Cessna-207-Sketch.jpg

In 1985, the wings of a full-scale Cessna 207 aircraft were retrofit with Turbo Wing® Technology.

The plane was flown more than 100 times with significant results. Testing showed that the technology produced:

Level flight capability on rotors alone

Wing stalling non-existent

Lift per-shaft horsepower applied to rotors approximately 120 pounds per shaft horsepower at speeds as low as 30 to 35 mph

Excellent stability and control at all speeds, including high "Angles Of Attack" flight.
Cessna-207CutOut.jpg
CESSNA-337 SKYMASTER

A retrofitted Cessna 337 Skymaster is currently undergoing flight-testing at the Ramona Airfield in California for additional acquisition of flight data.

Numbers shown in the retrofit column below are preliminary estimates.
LCessna337-RollOutFront1.jpg
LCessna337-RollOutAft1.jpg
LCessna337-RetrofitWingR2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Brochure for those of you interested :mrgreen:
A-TurboWingAircraftNew.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.