Gravel kit installed?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

Colonel wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:57 am
You know him? Little guy, skinny, lots of hair sticking out in all directions,
kind of a wild look in his eyes. Older than the hills.
Never met him, but it sounds like I should try. Rumour is there’s a second Lear in a shed that never got reassembled on the farm.

JW Scud

OK, I'll admit. I flew with him and along with his safety pilot as I had known him for a long time. He flew Beech 18's off of short strips. Short enough where they used to close the road off the end of the runway for his takeoffs. The safety pilot did admit to me once that they did discover that you can successfully get airborne in a Lear like that after forgetting to extend flaps for takeoff.

Anyways, for some reason they didn't want to land in the grass strip and went to Ottawa and needed a ride to the home strip. Which is where I came in. So, the good doctor gets out of the Lear in his bare feet. Tells me it gives him a better feel for the rudder pedals. Haven't really tried it but maybe he knows what he is talking about. He did put his shoes on for the ride in my plane.

Nice guy.
Colonel wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:57 am
You know him? Little guy, skinny, lots of hair sticking out in all directions,
kind of a wild look in his eyes.
That was another guy I knew that owned an airport and rented out various planes. He tried to fly around the world in his Aztec but only got halfway across the Med when an engine died on him.

Nice guy as well.

But I have met all kinds of oddballs in this business. Driving small, medium, big, and really big planes.
Colonel

another guy I knew that owned an airport and rented out various planes
Notable last name? I think I remember him.

PS. JW: I have the uneasy feeling that you know me, but I don't recall you.
JW Scud

Colonel wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:07 am
another guy I knew that owned an airport and rented out various planes
Notable last name? I think I remember him.

PS. JW: I have the uneasy feeling that you know me, but I don't recall you.
I know everybody.