The age factor.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:59 pm
Let me see if I understand the situation.
1. I offered a simple piece of advice to check if any insurance issues came up because of age.
2. A poster came on here, and was of the opinion that they did not need that advice because they had worked for Lloyds of London....note: worked.
3. I challenged that claim. Not calling anyone a liar as was claimed, but asking for verification other than ‘I said So”
4.Now I have been attacked for lacking cajones! Should be outed. Abusing the Guest privilege

You win. No challenge to his claim. No need to circle the wagons to protect anyone.
I

Chuck Ellsworth

Yes Charlie the audacity shown by that guest poster just takes ones breath away.

To " Guest "

Here is my offer to you.

You send me a certified Check for one hour of my time to supply the proof you asked for and I will post it here.

My hourly rate for my time when I was a working pilot was 250 Euro per hour for normal work so have the check made out for 250 Euros.

My rate for my time worked when flying for Miramax Movie Studios in Los Angles was three thousand U.S. dollars per day, but that was specialized flying.

There you go guest that seems to be a fair offer to you from me.
Chuck Ellsworth

You win. i wont post again.. just keep drinking the kool aid
There you go Charlie that got rid of that poster.

When did you start drinking kool aid?
Colonel

Did I miss something? Sorry, I had to step away from the computer. KoolAid?

Oh, ok. This reminds me of the time I posted a photo of my pilot booklet here
and Shiny freaked out and said you may not care about your licence, but you
were an Authorized Person. So, I took it down.

I'm sorry that I have nothing to hide. Everyone knows who I am and where I
am. Next time you're passing by, let me know, we'll have a BBQ in the back yard.

I think that was Christmas Day? As you might expect, I'm pretty religious.

Maybe before you leave Canada, if you could stop by your TC district office and
ask for my laptop and phone that they stole 4 years ago, that would be great.
Liquid_Charlie

There you go Charlie that got rid of that poster
I don't like to see people react like that, get a pout on and say they are out here yet will lurk to see what is said. The sad part is he has no idea how rude and aggressive his post was. I'm sure if he had asked from an interested point of view you would have gladly replied to his post. I would love to know more about Lloyd's (my brother worked for them on the medical side, based in London and he did very well for himself). Why are people so hung up on not identifying themselves on a forum yet are plastered all over social media. It must be the kool-aid :mrgreen:
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Chuck Ellsworth

The strange thing about that poster Charlie is I clearly said I post in my real name and it would be highly unlikely I would intentionally say something here that was not true, especially about my career.

Insinuating I am a liar was going a bit to far.

And not being switched on enough to simply google my history would have maybe saved this nonsense.
Chuck Ellsworth

I would love to know more about Lloyd's
I became close friends with one of Lloyds underwriters during the two and a half years I did the flying for the French government's filming retracing the French mail route from Toulouse France to Santiago Chile. They were one of the companies who funded part of the cost of the making of the film about Aeropostale.

During that two and a half years I also became friends with Patrick Baudry Frances first astronaut as we flew many hours together during the trip..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Baudry
Liquid_Charlie

Interesting stuff and I just googled you you movie actor you(you made IMDb for "Below" -- haha - as for me I published a link here to my "hobby" website that I have kept for years and anyone can check me out. I love playing with computers and am a die hard desktop guy. I can't understand anyone enjoying squinting at a mobile fone or even a tablet. Like the dick -bigger is better :mrgreen: Just unboxed my new system in february damn 4 TB of solid state drives and 32 gig ram man it smokes and so quiet - amazing and now playing with linux cuz i missed the command line -- haha , and rooted mobile fones - did i mention i don't get those pain in the ass alerts in the middle of the night. I hate apple products and don't like windows that much either because of the control and restrictions - I love gadgets and toys :twisted: show me a girl who doesn't like a good toy ==
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Chuck Ellsworth

Charlie,

What food do you give a woman to end her sex drive
Colonel

I know! I know!

I don't think it's DTF:

Or even a Barrett clutch for a liter bike, marinating in some non-Moly oil overnight:

This could be it:

Or maybe this?

Note the butter, which is illegal north of the border. Not kidding. I wonder if TC
will report me for illegal butter? Because Canadians are only allowed to have shitty,
expensive butter and cheese. One lacks virtue if one does not buy into that bullshit.