Interesting Landing

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
JW Scud

Almost looks like an airshow maneuver, until the end.

Liquid_Charlie

just a little late dumping flaps - :mrgreen:
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
David MacRay

Looks like that wing did not touch. If it were not for some dingus with a video capturing smart phone looks like things worked out. Maybe go find some grass to practice on.

As for me I might be done flying conventional gear. I simply don't get out enough. It's much more difficult to land one than my mighty rental C-172s.
cgzro

No aileron whatsoever... adverse yaw is your best friend in a cross wind landing.
Colonel

Yeah, that's quite a crosswind:

People keep telling me the most important thing about a landing, is getting a greaser.

I keep telling them, the most important thing about a landing, is keeping it straight.

You know, keeping it on the black stuff between the ditches?

Oh well. As long as no one's feelings were hurt, that's what's important, right? Who cares
if you fuck up the airplane? Just another "learning experience" in 21st Century Aviation.

A friend of mine, Joe Broeders, died after a similar groundloop damaged the spar and
the wing came off in flight. I wonder if that will happen to this aircraft? Another friend
of mine, Bob Sterling (and his wife) died after a wing departed their previously damaged
C210. They both had hangars on my taxiway, which people started calling "death row",
where of course Andy Philips had a hangar. I thought we gave him a rather nice funeral
after his RV-7A came to pieces in flight.

Who really gives a fuck, if you damage aircraft and then people die in it later?
David MacRay

So, it touched the wing? Oopsie. Poor airplane.
anofly

https://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-repo ... o0165.html

I remember this one happening. What do we think may have happened?
I really dislike the idea of airframe failure.
Colonel

I was at the airport with his son, when Bob Sterling and his wife didn't show up that day.

Bob was the farthest thing from a cowboy, that you can imagine. I think the TSB is lazy
and full of shit. He upgraded his 182 to that 210 when he got a deal on it, because it
had been previously wrecked, then "repaired". I would wager both of your testicles that
there was hidden structural damage that was NOT repaired before Bob bought that 210.

I wished he had stayed with the 182. A paint job and a signature, does NOT make a good
airplane, despite what TC will tell you.

So many friends, gone. I don't get it. I'm the one that everyone was certain would be
dead before I hit 40.