Just curious about what others think.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

Just killing time here and got to thinking about the differences in the difficulty of flying airplanes.

For me the easiest to fly was the DC3.

The most difficult to fly was the PBY.

How about the rest of you out there?

Slick Goodlin

Chuck Ellsworth wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:57 am
The most difficult to fly was the PBY.
This actually comes as a surprise. With that huge wing and tail I would have expected them to be a big sweetheart. Oh well, I’m still buying one if I win the lottery.

Oh, and for me the easiest has been the Aeronca Champ. What a great and relaxing little airplane to fly. Hardest is a tougher call but the Airbus certainly handed my ass to me in training and even now that it’s become easier I can feel it eroding my piloty sensibilities a little more with each flight.
Liquid_Charlie

Interesting question and it got me thinking but for the life of me I can't choose one. I lean more to think of the types I flew as enjoyable or not and after a certain learning curve most were, Strangely enough I never really enjoyed flying DHC products, even the -6 only good thing was lots of heat in the winter -- haha
"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Chuck Ellsworth

This actually comes as a surprise. With that huge wing and tail I would have expected them to be a big sweetheart.
Actually it is a real bitch to fly properly due to very heavy control forces, especially the rudder which is so ineffective you nearly get a hernia trying to use it.

After a day of fire bombing with the thing my legs were more sore than a whore after a extra busy night getting laid in a whorehouse.

To get the thing on the step requires a pull of about a hundred and fifty pounds of back force on the elevators.
Liquid_Charlie

To get the thing on the step requires a pull of about a hundred and fifty pounds of back force on the elevators.
Damn another 2 fisted peelot - only had a cpl flights in the mighty Can So and yes rudders (as most aircraft at that vintage) were rudder rudder rudder and should have a spinner on the wheel(just like my JD tractor) for on the water.

Best story in the world for a Canso. I wpg the company I was working for got wind that TC was upset becauise the other operator had done rides and their was no gear lights so being proactive we installed a gear light with a switch beside the captain's seat and he could select the light to green. TC never caught on and the inspector was amazed and impressed. Conway was quite a guy -- LMFAAAAOOOOoooo

You hang out here Chuck :mrgreen:

"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"