IFR Position Fixs

Flight Training and topics related to getting your licence or ratings.
ramjet555

On STARS and SIDS, the Lat and Long position is defined however on Nav Canada approach charts it is not.

On the CYYZ ILS o6 the position VEPNA  is not shown as a Lat and Long along with other positions.

On my X-Plane 10 Simulator I can manually update the map data base with new positions but
need the lat and long to be able to do it.

Would anyone be able to point me to an On-line source to find the lat longs for Canadian positions?

The US site http://www.fltplan.com/fix/NameAlpha/V.htm has most positions but apppears
not to have positions on Canadian approaches.

Eric Janson

You could try typing "CYYZ ILS 06L" into Google.

The .pdf file is out of date but it does list coordinates for each waypoint.
ramjet555

It's a pity that you did not try your own advice before posting it and alluding that the question was stupid.

If you type that search in you get a "virtual" international aviation website that uses a very old PDF copy of the Canada Air Pilot.

I would really appreciate a digital copy of the CAP even if it is not a current version but a recent version that includes
the lat and long which is what I need in order to update the simulator map database with correct positions.
ScudRunner-d95

http://www.ivao.ca/charts/CAP4/CYYZ.pdf

I used those guys in the past when training before the company started supplying me with the Ipad and Jepps to play with at home.

PS I think its page 34 in that .pdf

Have fun hope that helped
Eric Janson

[quote author=ramjet555 link=topic=3802.msg10460#msg10460 date=1471103961]
It's a pity that you did not try your own advice before posting it and alluding that the question was stupid.

If you type that search in you get a "virtual" international aviation website that uses a very old PDF copy of the Canada Air Pilot.

I would really appreciate a digital copy of the CAP even if it is not a current version but a recent version that includes
the lat and long which is what I need in order to update the simulator map database with correct positions.
[/quote]

You're reading far too much into my post - I was simply trying to help you with your request.

Yes - the file was outdated. However it did give the information you asked for - co-ordinates don't change.