"Instructor Shortage" == #fakenews

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

https://copanational.org/en/2019/04/18/ ... t-20190418

[quote]a shortage of instructors is limiting the training of new pilots[/quote]

Male bovine excrement.  I instructed for 25 years, perfect safety record, I
was told by TC to not even bother trying to renew.  Clearly there are too
many experienced instructors in Canada.

Let's hear some more about Russia Collusion - why not?  All #fakenews.

Trey Kule

“ I was told by TC to not even bother trying to renew.  “

Well, even  TC can get it right sometimes >:D

Happy rabbit day.

ScudRunner-d95

117k  :o

To think a bachelor degree from a university is a useless waste of money, just think of how much of a money sewer hole a College Diploma in aviation management is.
Colonel

I’m probably showing my age but I would
recommend that anyone who wants to be
a pilot should get a job pumping gas at the
FBO.

Learn a lot that way.
John Swallow

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][font=Times New Roman][/font][/color][left][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][font=Times New Roman][size=16px]Speaking as a grade school reject, why is a bachelor's degree a useless waste of money...?  I am academically stunted in that regard and wonder why you would denigrate it so...? [/size][/font][/color][/left]
Colonel

IMHO at least 80% of undergraduate degrees
fail a basic cost/benefit calculation.

The only degrees that are worthwhile are math,
physics, chemistry, biology or combinations or
applications thereof.

The USA has $1.5T in student debt for loans
that should never have been given.  This is insane.
Trey Kule

Well, you never can predict the future. A major in Hopi basket weaving may eventually prove to be of value, and I think we can all agree that a major in gender diversity has more and more value each day.
Colonel

Depends if you want a job in the government or the private sector, I suppose.
ScudRunner-d95

Sorry perhaps I should have qualified that with many bachelor degrees from universities offer little to no value in obtaining a career. Yes, if it serves as a basis to another degree in something useful then by all means it has value.

But an Aviation Management degree from a college in the Selkirk mountain range offers little to build on or any value to accompany your pilot qualifications.

I have many friends who went this way and will echo that it’s a useless piece of paper. All have said that if they had to do it all again they would obtain their pilot qualifications outside of a college program and pursued education in something else useful or for a fallback plan.

Nark1

I’m miles ahead of my compatriots, who I worked the ramp with back in 01-03. 

That’s more to do with being a military aviator, less than being an undergraduate school taker. 
Uncle Sam is paying for my Grad degree, (almost done!) which is about as useful as tits on a bull for my career progression.

I wouldn’t recommend going to a flight school+business degree type 4year program.  Save $50k and go to an FBO and community college.  (The only thing the degree is good for, is checking the box on a job applications).