Economy

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Rookie Pilot

I'll post this here, because they mock me on the other site.  Somehow many pilots, because they can follow a magnenta line, can analyze too.  It's a wee bit more complicated.  Stay in your lane, so to speak.

I do economic stuff for a living. For a long long time, now.

I'll be blunt. And brief.

I think the economy in the US, Canada, China, Europe, for too many reasons to list,  is about to take a propeller blade to the head.  I'll do fantastic in this, because I always do well  in distressed situations against the pilots who think they are semi professionals.  Dentists, too.

Like playing tackle football  against 3 year olds.

Batten down the hatches, is my unsolicited advice. Take it or leave it. 

Take the job offered. Get secure. Pay down debt. Have a big cushion.  Sell down your risky shit. 

Eric Janson

I agree with all the above.

I would just add that this is going to be [b]Global [/b]and much worse than 2008.

I'm seeing the effects already in Australia and the Middle East.

Rookie Pilot

Australia is a mess.  Housing. 
Colonel

I honestly don't know how important Australia's economic health is,
to other countries.

For example, didn't Iceland have a banking crisis?  Not sure if that
had much effect, really, as one of their volcanos blowing.
Eric Janson

The problem is that a bank's or country's debt is held by banks all over the world.

A large enough default will trigger a cascading collapse of the banking system as a result. Think of it as a row of Dominoes. If interest rates increase this will happen.

The other issue is Fractional Reserve Banking

Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Rookie Pilot link=topic=9479.msg26684#msg26684 date=1549592795]
I'll do fantastic in this, because I always do well  in distressed situations against the pilots who think they are semi professionals[/quote]
As a pilot who only flies because I know I’m too dumb for any other quasi-respectable job, how can I also do fantastic?
Colonel

You're lucky.  I'm too dumb to even be able to fly for a living.

Rookie Pilot

[quote author=Slick Goodlin link=topic=9479.msg26702#msg26702 date=1549687661]
[quote author=Rookie Pilot link=topic=9479.msg26684#msg26684 date=1549592795]
I'll do fantastic in this, because I always do well  in distressed situations against the pilots who think they are semi professionals[/quote]
As a pilot who only flies because I know I’m too dumb for any other quasi-respectable job, how can I also do fantastic?
[/quote]

A lot of study. 

And realizing every part of Wall Street and Bay Street is a sales industry set up to screw you over. 

I do the exact opposite on what the bleating pundits tell me. 
Eric Janson

I have been considering learning how to "short" Stocks.

My thinking is to short the Banks/Wall Street all the way down in a major downturn.

No sympathy for the Scum that have destroyed our financial system while pocketing obscene salaries and bonuses in the process.

Any thoughts on this Rookie Pilot?