Passing exams.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

There is a lot of discussion in aviation about the importance of passing exams during training.

So here is my question.

To those of you who have been flying for a living for a long time if you had to sit and do the written exams for the PPL cold with no chance to study the subjects how do you think you would do?

Slick Goodlin

That's a good question.  There's a bunch of stuff on the PPL I haven't had to think about in a while but I think I could squeak out a pass if an exam was thrown down in front of me.
Nark1

I just taught an FAA private ground school to a crew chief while overseas.  So probably well enough to pass.

But...  I had to read up each lesson plan, probably more so than my student.  A lot of stuff I have forgotten, or simply not used in a long ass time. 

I will say the Canadian way of doing is better for long term learning.
Eric Janson

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=8117.msg22478#msg22478 date=1521408287]
There is a lot of discussion in aviation about the importance of passing exams during training.

So here is my question.

To those of you who have been flying for a living for a long time if you had to sit and do the written exams for the PPL cold with no chance to study the subjects how do you think you would do?
[/quote]

Easy - I'd fail.

A lot of the material would be things I haven't used/done in 25+ years.
ScudRunner-d95

Just for shits I downloaded this PSTAR App actually surprised myself

[url=https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pstar-t ... 09153?mt=8]https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pstar-t ... 09153?mt=8[/url]