Ever fly a Skycatcher?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

Seems to me like it shouldn’t be that hard, though maybe I’d have just about cartwheeled the thing too...
[youtube][/youtube]

David MacRay

I am curious, how fast was he coming in? I don't understand why people don't like go arounds.

Edit: normal approach speed is 60-70 knots. Now I'm really wondering how fast he was going.
John Swallow

I'm under the impression that the aircraft type had little to do with the incident.
Colonel

I really enjoy these FlightChops videos.

These Cessnas are pretty challenging to fly, so I appreciate the tips.
David MacRay

Tips? Like,
"Get a thorough check on type."
Or,
"This isn't micro soft flight sim, so don't come in at cruise speed and carry on in the dive instead of flaring."?

Maybe that fellow needed to watch some flight chops videos.
I usually avoid dog piling on him but I suspect his check out on type video might sound like this.

"Since I had not flown any Cessna products in a few months, I was apprehensive to get started on the 165 sky catcher type check.
I hear they have a lower stall speed than a 152 and that scares me.

My last flights were a P-51, a home built canard and a helicopter with little rockets to drive the main rotor.

To say the least I was comforted to be going up with Jeff, a flight instructor that specializes on type. Jeff has conducted all 346 of his flight hours hours in the sky catcher . I would be in good hands.

The flight portion got off to a rough start when we noticed Jeff forgot his iPad which contained the navigation information we would need to make our way several miles to the practice area, on the counter back at the school. Fortunately I was able to get clearance to taxi back. After a proper shut down using a paper copy of the 103 item shut down checklist so Jeff could.,,"
DeflectionShot

[quote]I really enjoy these FlightChops videos.

These Cessnas are pretty challenging to fly, so I appreciate the tips.[/quote]

Flight Chops has graduated to the Harvard.
Colonel

I remember, he got a ride in a Pitts and barfed.

That’s my favorite.