AC Near crash SFO - NOTAMS are a bunch of Garbage and pilot fatigue

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Colonel

Very smooth move!

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/saf ... -incidents

[quote]The Air Canada captain, identified in NTSB documents as Dimitrios Kisses, was supposed to report the San Francisco incident to the airline as soon as possible but didn’t because he was “very tired” and it was late.

He waited until the next day. By that time, the plane was used for another flight, and the audio loop on the cockpit voice recorder was taped over.[/quote]

Very convenient.

[quote]“Only a few feet of separation prevented this from possibly becoming the worst aviation accident in history,” NTSB Vice Chairman Bruce Landsberg said in a statement accompanying the report.[/quote]

Not what the brain trust told us.

Liquid Charlie

Being an experienced captain he was well aware of the "unwritten rule" that as airline pilots unions tell them not to make any statements to anyone until after going to bed and getting required rest. It would be interesting to know if he had called his rep or if he believed it was not really a big deal and a minor incident report would put it to bed. There has been so much bullshit generated by this and ass shields going up the whole thing has fallen into witch hunt. Everyone is so busy protecting their ass it has simply turned into a shit show and nothing has been accomplished.
Colonel

The fact that such frantic ass-covering has gone on, betrays their
"nothing to see here" rhetoric as self-serving lies.
Rookie Pilot

Half of what I've read on this has been the Oh poor me attitude towards the poor crew.

How dare they suffer this terrible scrutiny.  How traumatic.

No one give a f--- for the passengers.  Self loading cargo.

David MacRay

I love you digits and your work in this thread was up to your high standard of posting. but 13 feet is too close.

I'd have to flip a coin wether to jump on this dog pile at 100 but 13? Sorry but... At least force the crew to get their eyes checked
Colonel

The entitled elites - the self-proclaimed Kings of Canadian Aviation -
maintain that they simply cannot make any mistakes, because they
are the Best of the Best.

That kind of attitude guarantees that they learn nothing, and are
doomed to repeat them.  We call that "stupid".
digits

[quote author=David MacRay link=topic=9098.msg25206#msg25206 date=1539495984]
I love you digits and your work in this thread was up to your high standard of posting. but 13 feet is too close.

I'd have to flip a coin wether to jump on this dog pile at 100 but 13? Sorry but... At least force the crew to get their eyes checked
[/quote]
Oh gosh, now you make me blush!  :))
Chuck Ellsworth

[size=11px][/size][quote][size=11px][font=Verdana]“Only a few feet of separation prevented this from possibly becoming the worst aviation accident in history,” NTSB Vice Chairman Bruce Landsberg said in a statement accompanying the report.[/font][/size][/quote][size=11px][/size]

[quote][font=Verdana]Not what the brain trust told us.[/font][/quote][font=Verdana]

It must be an Air Canada thing, and if they had waited a couple of seconds longer to go around it would have been " A real hard landing "

Ya gotta love their slant on things.[/font]

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 am.