What was the most demanding airplane you have flown?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
cgzro

This will give you an idea. I think the main problem is lack of vertical fin area and/or too much rudder horn for the amount of side area it has. The Tiger Moth has this tendency too, just a little bit, but when they added the forward cabin they did not change the tail. The end result is like an arrow without feathers at the back. Serious stick and rudder plane.

[youtube][/youtube]

Slick Goodlin

Dammit, now I’m all homesick.
DeflectionShot

How does it work for Yellow Wings/Vintage Wings? Do they actively seek out volunteer pilots or do you sign up somewhere? They don't seem to have much info about it.
Chuck Ellsworth

Many moons ago I got to fly a Tiger Moth in England off a grass farmers field, did about an hour of circuits in it and it was a lot of fun.

It was not difficult to fly, but it sure did not need flaps.  ;D
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=8599.msg23668#msg23668 date=1529374365]
Many moons ago I got to fly a Tiger Moth in England off a grass farmers field
[/quote]
My least believable flying story involves a sunny fall day, a Tiger Moth, a farm strip, and a big bucket of chilli.
Chuck Ellsworth

Please tell us about it.  :)
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=8599.msg23671#msg23671 date=1529376702]
Please tell us about it.  :)
[/quote]
You wouldn’t believe it...

I’ll probably get on that later this week when I have some actual time.
cgzro

[quote author=DeflectionShot link=topic=8599.msg23667#msg23667 date=1529369804]
How does it work for Yellow Wings/Vintage Wings? Do they actively seek out volunteer pilots or do you sign up somewhere? They don't seem to have much info about it.
[/quote]

When needed the owners will seek out pilots with the appropriate skills and free time.
Colonel

Broken airplanes I find to be the hardest to fly
because I don’t know exactly what is broken on
them, I don’t know how it’s going to effect how
it’s going to fly, and I don’t know what’s going
to break next, and the consequences of that.
ScudRunner-d95

Can't say I really felt any of the planes I have flown where demanding. Perhaps the Fleet Canuck when first learning but once you get the hang of her what a fun toy.

If I had to really pick I would go with the Cessna 207 she was a squirrely fucker and you had to load her right.