I'm Frankly a Little Surprised

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Liquid Charlie

Bing involved with a 703 operator I have seen both sides. Why would I pay big bucks for a virgin pilot who I am going to take from a zero to a captain on a muli-engine aircraft to lose him in 7 to 9 months with a total time of 800 hours and 200 hours command in a 'Ho" They are so green they are basically VFR pilots and to save their lives applying circling minimums before they can even depart. They have no company loyalty and are looking for a job the day after the get that left seat. I'm seriously considering PCC and day VFR (works in the summer) but the whole industry has been corrupted by this "me me" generation. Don't kid yourself if there were pilots out there that would commit to even 2 years and take on chief pilot duties they could make more money than sitting in even the left seat of a -400 but the brain is not developed enough to understand this. This whole hiring insanity will crash (it always does) so guys don't even think about that. Standing on the street with nothing but a seniority number is not a happy place. You are not marketable so enjoy job hunting. Operators are also reluctant to hire furloughed pilots, especially if they have no command time. Automation will solve the pilot shortage issue as well.