I hate instrument flying

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Eric Janson

From 2001 - but still relevant. from airbus.

All you could ever want to know about Cat II/III.

[url=https://www.skybrary.aero/bookshelf/books/1480.pdf]https://www.skybrary.aero/bookshelf/books/1480.pdf[/url]

Colonel

From that document:

[quote]An aircraft type must be approved [b]for CAT II / CAT III operations with [size=12pt]an automatic landing system, which provides automatic control of the aircraft during approach and landing[/size][/b].[/quote]

I will break off an antenna from a car in the parking lot
and whip myself in exculpation for my faulty memory.
JW Scud

[quote author=Eric Janson link=topic=7245.msg19846#msg19846 date=1507967917]
From 2001 - but still relevant. from airbus.

All you could ever want to know about Cat II/III.

[url=https://www.skybrary.aero/bookshelf/books/1480.pdf]https://www.skybrary.aero/bookshelf/books/1480.pdf[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for your info and letting us know that it is from 2001.

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=7245.msg19848#msg19848 date=1507991688][From that document:[quote]An aircraft type must be approved for CAT II / CAT III operations with an automatic landing system, which provides automatic control of the aircraft during approach and landing[/quote]I will break off an antenna from a car in the parking lotand whip myself in exculpation for my faulty memory.[/quote]

Perhaps things don't chamge particularly quickly in the software industry but most non engineers are smart enough to know that a document from 15 years ago may be out of date. Do you provide yur students with an AIM from 2001 to study before sending them off for their written exam.

kids these days. When will they ever learn?
JW Scud

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=7245.msg19848#msg19848 date=1507991688]
From that document:

[quote]An aircraft type must be approved [b]for CAT II / CAT III operations with [size=12pt]an automatic landing system, which provides automatic control of the aircraft during approach and landing[/size][/b].[/quote]

I will break off an antenna from a car in the parking lot
and whip myself in exculpation for my faulty memory.
[/quote]

Perhaps things change slowly in the software industry but most of us non-engineers figured out long ago that a 15 year old document may not be up to date. Do you give your students a copy of the AIM from 2001 to study prior to sending them off for their written exam.

Kids these days, when will they ever learn.
Colonel

Someone lacking in Noblesse Oblige would tell you to
go lick a dog's ass until it bleeds.

[quote]Perhaps things change slowly in the software industry[/quote]

So funny.  It is a fact that even someone with skills that
[i]have not changed from 2001[/i] can earn more money in
software than any pilot ever will.

Hence your anger and resentment.  I get that.

Hey, how are your job applications to Airbus and Boeing doing?
JW Scud

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=7245.msg19853#msg19853 date=1507995814]
Someone lacking in Noblesse Oblige would tell you to
go lick a dog's ass until it bleeds.[/quote]

Regarding Colonel Sanders,
[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=7245.msg19790#msg19790 date=1507664236][font=verdana][size=1.35em] for some reason he tends to come across as a complete asshole sometimes when he posts on the internet.[/size][/font][/quote][font=verdana]
[size=1em]Gee, what kind of reason that could be?.[/size][/font]
Chuck Ellsworth

Well not only is he a good stick he is an interesting word smith.

And he knows how to push your buttons.  ;D
Colonel

Perhaps it's time to address the elephant in the room:

[youtube][/youtube]
JW Scud

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=7245.msg19993#msg19993 date=1508640743]
And he knows how to push your buttons.  ;D
[/quote]

He seems to be quite competent at that. Too bad he is an incompetent instructor who pontificates stuff of which he has no clue such CAT II/III incorrect info(and he is supposedly an instrument instructor-which I doubt) who gets his proof that he must be correct(and how smart he is) from out of date Wikipedia articles. And then when proven wrong, resorts to crude insults and asks who makes more money, a pilot or an engineer.

I think we could get some interesting info out of this. Who makes more? An incompetent instructor or an incompetent engineer. We have an expert here to answer for us. Unless he really works at KFC.
Chuck Ellsworth

[quote] Unless he really works at KFC.[/quote]

Here is my answer.

I know Andy personally and he does not work at KFC.

He is one of the few instructors who I know who  in my opinion is awesome as both a pilot and as a teacher.

Conversely I do not know you so I read what you write and take it for what it is worth in my own opinion.

In the case of Andy your opinion is not worth much.