Something is wrong with my brain.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

I was looking at RV-8s and C-172s today. There was one in Yellowknife for just under $30k Canuck bucks. I ask the wife, "May I go to the North West Territories and buy a plane?" She rightly says, "No. I told you you could go rent and you didn't." I rebut with, "How about Portland? There is a nice blue one there."

I was sad but she is totally correct. If anyone tells her I wil deny it.

I don't even fly yet I still want an airplane. Is there some re-hab center for guys like me?

Scud, you should take me out for wings and tell me what it's like to fly airplanes.

Anyone want to meet at the Calgary Flying Vlub for a game of pool during the day?

DeflectionShot

[quote]I don't even fly yet I still want an airplane. Is there some re-hab center for guys like me? [/quote]

Dude your wife is saying it's ok to rent and fly....what's holding you back? Do some dual, it'll scratch the itch. Calgary Flying Club has a very nice C172S on line. Or try the Citabria.
David MacRay

I might go this week. If I don't go by year end I deserve some ridicule and a possible ban/exile back to the old place..
cgzro

Way cheaper to rent.

Whole different kettle of fish buying.
David MacRay

I know, hence the title. Even 20 years ago you had to fly 100 hours per year to make owning a plane less expensive than renting. Provided nothing big broke like the engine. Both the 172s I was looking at had engines just waiting to be replaced.

I'm sick man.  :-\
John Swallow

David:

If you ever get to Vernon, let me know:  we can ease that itch of yours with a trip in an RV-7A...  (;>0)
David MacRay

I have been unable to go back to your fine area for fresh peaches in around 12 years, but you never know when I might show up to get a boat loader installed on my wife's trailer or tow vehicle.
David MacRay

I don't know if it will help my brain but I went to the Calgary Flying Club, bought a full year membership and did the written part of their renter's check.

Pretty sure flying won't solve my, "I want an airplane." issue. I do seem to understand I should just rent them some days.

I feel pretty good about going back to the club except, YBW can be pretty busy and I seem to have paid for a full year membership when there is less than half of the year left, but I should recover from that.
dirtdr

I hear ya.

I have the plane of my dreams. I can't really afford it, But I still search the interweb every day for at least an hour to see what new planes are for sale. 

A wise man once told me there is a perfect number of airplanes to own....  One More
John Swallow

Something about:

The perfect number of aircraft to own is shown by the following equation:

Pna = X + 1

Where X = aircraft presently owned...

(;>0)