The San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

Well it seems Donald is not all that out of touch with reality.

The US Supreme court overturned the 9th US Circuit ban on Donald's refugee ban unanimously.

Interesting turn of events isn't it?

I wonder how the lefties will respond to that?

Three Bars

Probably with facts. It was a stay with a review again in October of a much neutered plan. But hey... whatever keeps you happy.

Hardly the 'Muslim ban' and 'Muslim registry' Trump promised.

Still wonder why Saudi Arabia isn't on the list. You know, where OBL and most of the 9/11 hijackers came from, and where they execute more people than ISIS.  I guess that would put a damper on cheap oil, arms deals, and Trump's business holdings.

As long as you feel safer. That's all that matters.
Chuck Ellsworth

I don't feel safer at all.

From my time in Saudi I can understand why he does not include them.

The USA has far to much material invested in Saudi.

Nark1

I routinely fly over a sink hole that has an estimated 4-6000 Iraqi bodies thanks to ISIS.  Google it.

At one point they stopped using bullets to execute prisoners and handcuffed them together and drove buses into the hole.

FOUR -SIX THOUSAND. 

vanNostrum

[quote author=Three Bars link=topic=6597.msg17510#msg17510 date=1498519954]
Probably with facts. It was a stay with a review again in October of a much neutered plan. But hey... whatever keeps you happy.

Still wonder why Saudi Arabia isn't on the list. You know, where OBL and most of the 9/11 hijackers came from, and where they execute more people than ISIS.  I guess that would put a damper on cheap oil, arms deals, and Trump's business holdings.

[/quote]

Maybe for a change , we should talk about what is important for Canada ,like the Prime Minister ties with China , not withstanding his deep admiration for  dictators like Castro
Nark1

Well I mean Fathers days was just last week...
Nark1

[quote author=Three Bars link=topic=6597.msg17510#msg17510 date=1498519954]

Still wonder why Saudi Arabia isn't on the list. You know, where OBL and most of the 9/11 hijackers came from, and where they [b]execute more people than ISIS[/b].  I guess that would put a damper on cheap oil, arms deals, and Trump's business holdings.

[/quote]

Shiny ^^^^^ what he said,

Second.  It is precisely the Supreme Courts job to determine what is and what isn't Constitutional. 

There is zero room with that.
That is their sole job. 
1 job.
I wish I only had one job, but I suppose I chose to have the ones I do.

Eventually, I'll have 1 job, like the Supreme Court Justices.  They only have one job you know...
Vtoss

[quote author=Shiny link=topic=6597.msg17574#msg17574 date=1498600799]

I'm aware what the supreme court's job is, I'm merely wondering what the constitutional basis that the ban is being upheld on is.
[/quote]

I think it's just that there is nothing in the constitution that prevents Trump creating this ban, as long as it doesn't impact any US citizens. Whether it's necessary or useful is a completely different question, which the courts probably don't have any say over. Trump is within his constitutional rights to ban anyone he wants, kill the environment, reduce taxes to the rich, reduce healthcare, etc.