Direct Entry Captain Jobs.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
mcrit

With the developing pilot shortage, how long will it be before other carriers follow Encores lead and start offering direct entry captain positions?

TundraTire

Encore has been offering that for awhile now, probably directly related to their WAWCON.

I know a guy who went there around a year ago as a DEC.  His class had 6 captains in it.  Only 1 is left there, the other 5 left on their own terms and none went to WJ mainline.

Draw your own conclusions.
Eric Janson

I'm on my 4th company as DEC.

Maybe new in Canada but quite normal in other parts of the world.
ScudRunner-d95

It's funny I know several people who have gone to Encore or Jazz thinking here is an opportunity. Then to  pull the pin less than a year later to a higher paying or management role at smaller operations who have been gutted by the hiring.

To each their own, but I think this current state of chaos in the hiring departments is an amazing opportunity to find a quality of life balance. If things ain't good leaving is easy these days with plenty of places to go.