Purposely over loading a 172

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Strega

Vtoss,

Did you really load 4 passengers in your 172A?  Thats one passenger over the limitation!  You must be a dangerous pilot!

Full article here :

https://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/f ... ether.html

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vtoss

Strega, I'm not sure who you think I am or what that has to do with me. Apart from that, where has this person said they overloaded their 172? I think you might have lost the plot somewhere along the way.
Strega

Sure vtoss

Why didn't you come to my hanger?

I'm sure you know where it is
Colonel

Just in case you forgot, Vtoss, you post on AvCan
as Captain Crap.  You pretend to know everything
about aviation, but you're just a PPL that doesn't
own any aircraft, and you live in LadyBoy BC.
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=Strega link=topic=6672.msg17959#msg17959 date=1499493922]4 passengers in your 172A?  Thats one passenger over the limitation!
[/quote]
IIRC there are STCs for that, though I suspect the clipping was just wrong.
Liquid Charlie

Overloading is such a silly subject -- every pilot has flown an overloaded aircraft and like I said add the numbers and it gives you an approximation not an actual number. I have flown aircraft that have magically got 500 lbs heavier when they were reweighed -- damn -- flying 500 lbs overloaded for years and no one knew it. When I started in the bush no one actually knew the gross weight of their aircraft. It was all standard loads. Pilot and fuel were never counted. I would say that practice was around for many years with U/G marked in the log book. I must say I have never had an overloaded aircraft scare me but one that was out of C of G certainly has. Life marches on and things change but at the end of the day the aircraft itself could really care less  ;D  and until we start driving over actual scales it's just number on a piece of paper generated by doing your gazintas and we all know that humans are never subject to mistakes.