Flight Chops takes on the Pitts

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Three Bars

It is very funny, how we accept certain people yet ridicule others regardless of their accomplishments.

At what point do we change? Or is it a proverbial pecking order that can never be changed? 

Rookie Pilot

[quote author=Three Bars link=topic=6258.msg16506#msg16506 date=1494863372]
It is very funny, how we accept certain people yet ridicule others regardless of their accomplishments.

At what point do we change? Or is it a proverbial pecking order that can never be changed?
[/quote]

I think three bars -- it's absurd of anyone to trash the entire airline community because they wear "bars" on their shirts -- the many heroes like Sully who have saved lives.  The "4 bars " mocking is ridiculous while bragging about being a hot stick and driving motorcycles.

Like, who cares dude.

It seems those who want to dish it out can't take it, right Andy? Not used to someone standing up to you. I'll call out that kind of behaviour. 

Crawl back to the Pitts blog.  Sure they love you there.

Anyone calling Sully -- and those like him -- a loser cause he wears the "4bars"  is a complete tool. And that's what you do.

Own it.

Vtoss

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=6258.msg16501#msg16501 date=1494815804]
I was so happy to hear that you replaced that old 182
with a new business jet.  Kudos!
[/quote]

As opposed to your 40 year old C421? I'm pretty sure you'd have something better than that if you had a 60% ROI every year. Or was that just a fluke?
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=Vtoss link=topic=6258.msg16510#msg16510 date=1494869213]
[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=6258.msg16501#msg16501 date=1494815804]
I was so happy to hear that you replaced that old 182
with a new business jet.  Kudos!
[/quote]

As opposed to your 40 year old C421? I'm pretty sure you'd have something better than that if you had a 60% ROI every year. Or was that just a fluke?
[/quote]

Yeah but his 421 blows flaming fireballs out its ass, does loops and hammerheads all while he writes code with one hand and flies with the other. 

I'm curious about something, CS, as the undisputed # 1 authority on aviation out there.

How many times have you navigated by celestial methods alone in the Arctic (as chuck has)?

Or landed on short, rough, steep one way strips with no possible go arounds (as other friends of mine do)?

Or flown in combat, as others on these forums have?

Or flown with 10, 50, 300 lives in your hands, in shit weather when the flight computers or instruments are all fucked in the middle of the night, as we just read about the QF flight?

How much float time do you have? One of my other friends has many thousands of hours of incident free, single engine float flying -- landing on remote third world rivers with who knows what in them.  Yet all shit pilots compared to you.

Yet an absolute, undisputed expert on all of these things somehow, on these forums.  Interesting.

Just curious. And FYI, I neither have done any of  those things, nor ever purport to be any authority, on any of them.

SO --- For me to have an educated opinion on how to handle any of these things well,  would be sheer stupidity.

There's a lesson there.

woodzi

[quote author=Rookie Pilot link=topic=6258.msg16512#msg16512 date=1494884446]
all while he writes code with one hand and flies with the other. 

[/quote]

[size=2][font=Verdana]Is that what you are supposed to do with your free hand? I have been "flying solo" all wrong [/font] :-[ [/size]
Chris

Good for Steve.

I find it a little ironic that one hand hand people bemoan the death of stick and rudder skills, tailwheel flying, steam gauges, and all the other stuff that makes one a "real pilot", and yet here is a guy actually doing all that and he gets criticized. Tailwheel, bush, acro, warbirds, formation... Here's a guy that's found a way to pursue his flight training goals, have a lot of fun doing it, and have the internet pay for some of it! He's got nearly 1000 people on Patreon chipping in some cash, just because they like what he's doing.

The flying isn't rock and roll stuff and if that's not your cup of tea then no worries, lots of other videos online.
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=Chris link=topic=6258.msg16518#msg16518 date=1494892233]
Good for Steve.

I find it a little ironic that one hand hand people bemoan the death of stick and rudder skills, tailwheel flying, steam gauges, and all the other stuff that makes one a "real pilot", and yet here is a guy actually doing all that and he gets criticized.
[/quote]

In a word, that's bullshit.

That isn't what makes anyone a "real" pilot at all. It's a heck of lot more than that -- as we all know.  Stick and rudder is one component.

One of my friends has around 10,000 hours on a 185, on floats.  All In a country with scary flying conditions.  Perfect record.  Let me know when you and CS get there, or do what Chuck Ellsworth has done.

Yet he's a shit pilot compared to CS cause he wears a uniform with BARS on it.

And there is the issue. No one has an issue with the flying done and shared by CS.

Bottom line. Don't know it all. No one does.

Stop the shitting on every other pilot doing stuff you're not qualified to and will never do, like actually taking lives in your hands. 

Lots of Sully's I suspect out there, that never make the news, doing the job, every day. Show some respect.

Personally-- I pulled this one at random --- I find this kind of flying pretty good.

Let me know when [font=Verdana][size=78%]posted your own like this.  Remember these planes are often loaded to gross, and mind the high DA's too. Never mind the weather changing by the minute. VFR only. [/size][/font]

[url=[/url]

Colonel

Rookie Pilot, Canada's aviation oracle spewed forth:

[quote]There is a lot more to safe flying than being a great stick[/quote]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada_Flight_624 "hard landing"
[img width=500 height=280]http://images.scribblelive.com/2015/3/2 ... 73cc47.jpg[/img]

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=166254
Air Canada Montego Bay
[quote]the aircraft touched down hard, with a vertical load factor of 3.12g[/quote]

Westjet tries to hand-fly at St Maarten:
[img width=500 height=275]http://christinenegroni.com/wp-content/ ... 24x565.jpg[/img]

There is one universal constant in life: no matter
where you go, four bars can't fly worth shit.
Colonel

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of other people's
fleets of aircraft here.

After all, you are such smart guys and great sticks, you
wouldn't have a piece of shit old Cessna 182.

No, you'd have a new business jet like Rookie, because
he's so good with money.  I know this because he keeps
telling me.
Rookie Pilot

More "Real flying".