Landing A 737 In Strong Winds Looks Absurdly Difficult

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

Jesus this guy hit the gym for arm day?

[url=http://digg.com/video/landing-a-737-in- ... -stressful]http://digg.com/video/landing-a-737-in- ... -stressful[/url]

[facebook][/facebook]

Liquid Charlie

Well I can never remember working that hard. It's hard to believe there is that much input required. Anything over 10 degrees aileron input brings up spoilers. Quiet hands were always required or you would get wing walk -- I couldn't see him getting "light" in the seat. If that were actually happening one would think you would be hanging on your harness from time to time -- oh well stranger things have happened -- was that a laugh of relief or was it a "I got ya" ??? ??
JW Scud

Now you know why a 4 bars really is something special, despite what others may claim.
ScudRunner-d95

Rookie Pilot

Those are FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR bars.
Trey Kule

Is that in a sim?

Hard to believe it was in a real plane as I never heard the FO whimper even once.
Four Bars

Although the 37 and 57 are the two Boeing models that I never had the pleasure to fly, I have seen videos of the 737 controls being moved like this, mostly by younger folks, it seems.
Is it just me or do most of the movements seem to be cancelling the ones immediately preceding them.?
ScudRunner-d95

Think you nailed it with that observation, I got a go pro awhile back and videoed a few landing inside the cockpit. I was embarrassed how much I was twitching on some approaches, I guess only flying 250 hours a year you get sloppy  8)
Since than I've tried to not drink as much coffee and take it easy, the results speak for themselves I haven't missed a runway yet.
Liquid Charlie

I still think it was a spoof --  >:D
Chuck Ellsworth

If that was really how he was flying a real airplane I wouldn't want to be in it with him and for sure would not fly anything he touched.