easyJet launches recruitment drive for 1,000+ new pilots

News

ImageeasyJet is re-launching its ‘Generation easyJet Pilot Training’ programme for the first time in two years – since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic – with the aim of recruiting more than 1,000 new pilots over the next five years. The new advertising campaign backing the launch features real-life easyJet pilots to show that everyone has the potential to turn their skills and passions to becoming an airline pilot. Image Captain Iris de Kan, is seen in one of the ads with 5-year-old daughter Kiki. Photos: easyJet Mother of two, Captain Iris de Kan, is seen in one of the ads with 5-year-old daughter Kiki, illustrating that parents with multi-tasking skills could make excellent pilots. Captain Iris de Kan said, “It’s important that girls have visible role models so we can combat job stereotypes and show that anyone with the motivation and passion can turn their skills to being an airline pilot. I love the responsibility and challenge that comes with my job – but it’s not as challenging as juggling the demands of a five-year old and a little baby at home!” Image easyJet Senior First Officer Aaron Moseley went from being a DJ to pilot easyJet Senior First Officer Aaron Moseley went from being a DJ to training to become a pilot for easyJet seven years ago. SFO Aaron Moseley said, “I’m really proud to be a black man who is also a role model for the next generation. Growing up, I never had the chance to see or know a black airline pilot. I’m proud to be able to go into schools to talk to young people and show that you can develop skills through all kinds of experiences like music and sport that they can channel into becoming a pilot, and have the opportunities to achieve their dreams too.” Image Former gymnast and now Senior First Officer with easyJet, Nina Le Former gymnast and now Senior First Officer with easyJet, Nina Le is featured performing a split leap on the tarmac, showcasing her fantastic reactions and hand-eye coordination – key skills. SFO Nine Le said, “Combining my love of travel with the practical skills I learnt on the gym floor really does make being a pilot the perfect match! I love my job and would really encourage anyone who loves a challenge – and of course great views – to consider it!” The pilot training courses for Generation easyJet will be run by CAE. Johan Lundgren, CEO of easyJet, said, “We are delighted to be reopening our pilot training programme again for the first time since the pandemic hit and will see us recruit over 1,000 new pilots in the coming years. “easyJet has long championed greater diversity in the flight deck and this series of ads aims to highlight the extraordinary breadth of skills our pilots have and show that pilots can be found in all walks of life. “We continue to focus on challenging gendered stereotypes of the career having doubled the number of female pilots flying with us in recent years. We also acknowledge that whilst we have made progress, there is still work to do. Increasing diversity in all of its forms in the flight deck is a long-term focus for easyJet and so we will continue to ensure we lead the industry on this issue.” To apply to the Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme, candidates must:
  • Be aged 18 or over to commence training (by course start date
  • The right to work with unrestricted access across EEA, EU, UK and Switzerland
  • Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade C or above, including maths, science and English language
  • Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
  • Minimum height 5ft 2in (157cm) with maximum commensurate with Airbus flight deck requirements
  • Be able to obtain an EASA or CAA Class 1 medical as required for the relevant license.

Source: https://www.news.scudrunners.com/easyje ... ew-pilots/

Squaretail

Recruiting DJs to be pilots? Really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
David MacRay

I hope to see an ad featuring former PPL and easy Jet reject for being “too privileged” David Macray.

Shown drowning his sorrows with a medium pizza and a Dr Pepper big gulp.

Sauce stains on his white sleeve, no epaulettes. Reject Macray said, “I guess I don’t deserve a low paying job with a progressive company such as easyJet. As a middle aged white guy I’ve had it too good for too long. Shoot I bought a house and also own a Caddy plus a Harley outright. I’m just relieved I didn’t buy an airplane before I got married. That would make the other washouts really sad.”
digits

SFO Aaron Moseley said, “I’m really proud to be a black man who is also a role model for the next generation. Growing up, I never had the chance to see or know a black airline pilot. I’m proud to be able to go into schools to talk to young people and show that you can develop skills through all kinds of experiences like music and sport that they can channel into becoming a pilot, and have the opportunities to achieve their dreams too.”
I've reached the point where I truly don't see color anymore ....
Nark

There is a notable crash in recent years due to a "person of color" who's performance was subpar. He failed outright several times, was fired from a regional airline due to lack of performance.

Was in the same path at a large 747/767 cargo operator, pulled the race card when he was failing training metrics, and was given a lot of help. Released to the line, only to crash a perfectly good aircraft in to the water south of Houston, TX.

Color has nothing to do with aircraft safety. A white dude, who had a record of subpar evaluations (read failures), crashed in to a house in Buffalo, NY several years ago, killing 49 others with him.

Machines, weather and physics don't give a shit what kind of chromosomes, or melatonin levels you have.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
David MacRay

digits wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:33 am
Agreed.

I was skimming the writing and suddenly they seemed to have an agenda. I kind of understand, the public relations departments are addicted to promoting diversity to the point of losing the diversity.

Hopefully it’s obvious, I was joking and don’t think I should be offered a job.

I believe hiring someone because they are not a white male, is just as bad as hiring someone because they are. Pick the best candidate, not one that looks some certain way.

I know that rarely seems to be the way things are done.
digits

David MacRay wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:23 pm
digits wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:33 am
Agreed.

I was skimming the writing and suddenly they seemed to have an agenda. I kind of understand, the public relations departments are addicted to promoting diversity to the point of losing the diversity.

Hopefully it’s obvious, I was joking and don’t think I should be offered a job.

I believe hiring someone because they are not a white male, is just as bad as hiring someone because they are. Pick the best candidate, not one that looks some certain way.

I know that rarely seems to be the way things are done.
Not only that, but if you look at the picture, would you describe that dj as a 'black guy'?
Unless my monitor settings are way off, that's really not how I would describe him...
David MacRay

Probably not.

I must say I am more cautious each day about calling anyone anything. I try to leave that for people with an agenda.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I subscribe to Tara Henleys substack, shes the former CBC journalist that quit due to the manipulation of the news etc.

Here is a topical discussion she had with Jamil Jivani, he was hired to give a perspective of Canada's Black community at IheartRadio.
He was fired because he did actual journalism and spoke with the community. They wanted him to be all Fuck Canada is racist and such everything is horrible.

https://tarahenley.substack.com/p/diversity-of-thought

I recommend her substack, but you know I'm just a privileged cis male. I think I'm suppose to apologize now.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
David MacRay

This stuff will get fixed up when they bring in the new Canadian media outlet licensing.