Polish M-346 Not Even Close

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
Slick Goodlin

Nark

Wow…
No sure f they missed the mark, or really hit it.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

Hard to tell if the split-S was planned or not. Some kind of uncontrolled half-rolls before it. Need to see his sequence.

Not sure he had the top gate for a split-S to the surface. Did not pull the G for it, either. Eeerily similar to the 90 year old astronaut that crashed recently into the water in the northwest.

With all due respect to these "experts", when I do a split-S to the surface, I get lots of pitch change early on when the airspeed and G are low, before the airspeed and G builds, and the radius opens up. Neither of these guys did that. It sets you up nicely past the vertical, when airspeed and G are building rapidly and the radius is opening up, and you can let off slightly at the exit to get a perfect exit altitude from above.

I'm not much of a pilot, but I love doing a reverse 1/2 inside cuban 8 to and from the surface. Start with lots and lots of airspeed at the surface. Entry gate has LOTS of energy. Pull up to an upright 45 upline and immediately 1/2 roll inverted to try to center the 1/2 roll. Don't let the pitch sag, hold the inverted 45, hang there upside down and enjoy the view. Don't be in a hurry. You must wait for your top gate, or die. When I see 1500 feet, I let the nose drop gently and with full power for minimum altitude loss, pull through the vertical to level at the surface again, safely completing the split-S to the surface.

Remember, full power for minimum altitude loss. It's not what you were taught, but that's what newtonian physics tells us. The reason why is obvious if you think about it for a moment. 32 foot per second squared. Duh.