Hubris

Aircraft Accident & Crash Investigation Topics
JW Scud

Colonel

I think he's stealing pictures from PorkPie or PorkChops or whatever he's called.
David MacRay

I'm not very good at it because he has become so dramatic it's not funny but, I will speak up to defend Flightchops Steve.

As far as I am aware he has never bent an airplane.

Even though he has portrayed plenty of anxiety, during dramatic theatrics in his production of too many "close call" videos.
Slick Goodlin

I’ve never met FlightChops but I have a friend who has. In fact, my friend was owed money from him for one reason or another and Chops decided to pay him in stickers. IIRC it was under fifty bucks so not worth pursuing beyond that but honestly who does this guy think he is to get confronted and say, “Sorry, I don’t have the money on me but here’s a handful of stickers with my face on them.”
Colonel

Just think of how many urinals you could decorate with $50 of those stickers!
David MacRay

Well, that was unexpected. I can't see anyone beating that story. I certainly hope someone does.
Colonel

These are popular at my airport:

I can see ol' Porkchops giving Hanoi Jane real competition at airport urinals.
JW Scud

Slick Goodlin wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:39 pm
I’ve never met FlightChops but I have a friend who has. In fact, my friend was owed money from him for one reason or another and Chops decided to pay him in stickers. IIRC it was under fifty bucks so not worth pursuing beyond that but honestly who does this guy think he is to get confronted and say, “Sorry, I don’t have the money on me but here’s a handful of stickers with my face on them.”
Lets start an auction for flightchops urinal stickers. Your friend might make a mint. I can see them selling on Amazon.
digits

Slick Goodlin wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:39 pm
That's the same thing governments do nowadays. "Here, have some pictures with our king's face on! We can always print more for you!"
Colonel

Porkchops and Hairdo Dolly sure do have a lot in common.

They are both poster children for Dunning-Kruger. Read this:
The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people wrongly overestimate their knowledge or ability in a specific area. This tends to occur because a lack of self-awareness prevents them from accurately assessing their own skills.
and try not to think of those two. I'll bet you can't.