St Barts Landings

Flying Tips and Advice from The Colonel!
digits

[quote author=Colonel Sanders link=topic=10102.msg28981#msg28981 date=1570449358]
and is certainly a CAR 602.01 contravention.
[/quote]

Hmm they don't look like remotely piloted aircraft to me though

[quote]Application — Remotely Piloted Aircraft

602.01 This Subpart does not apply in respect of remotely piloted aircraft.[/quote]

>:D

Trey Kule

I am hesitant to offer an opinion to such an esteemed group of - 6 pilots,

What all those videos don't show is that there Is a mountain peak on each side of the approach, and fly about 50 feet higher on a steep approach and the turbulence is severe. Gut puking, out of control severe.  Managing energy in a steep approach is an  interesting exercise. Where that end of the runway ends, the hill is almost vertical. The French  regulator gets all bent out of le shape if you try a steep approach. Most pilots have.....once..in training, and after the go around the lesson is learned.

The over the hill approach on all but the very very rare calm day is the best way to get to the runway at a target speed.  I never saw a calm day there.

There were some darn good twin otter pilots flying in that area.  i was always impressed by the caravan and islander pilots who flew in there several times a day.

Liquid Charlie

haha - extinguished group maybe - I did mention the. mountainous terrain factor but since I have know local knowledge I could not do much more. Local knowledge is everything. Those guys must enjoy a little adrenalin rush.  >:D
Colonel

Cockpit:  [url=[/url]