PERMISSION

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
John Swallow

From The Scudrunner and Mr Ellsworth:

For ten years, I was the editor of a little newsletter for the Vernon Flying Club here in the Okanagan.  I relinquished my  duties a couple of years ago, but still forward items/articles to the new editor that I think of interest to the membership.

I've just read the stories in "Scuds Tall Tales" and would like your permission to "plagiarize" them for possible future publication in our Letter.  Your remuneration will be the same as mine for the ten years that I was Editor...  If used, I can forward the newsletter for your enjoyment. 

Thanks

John

Chuck Ellsworth

If you want to use the stories I have posted here by all means use them, I wrote them to entertain people.

Chuck Ellsworth.
ScudRunner-d95

From my standpoint I support you sending my story's and reposting them to your clubs newsletter. When others post their "tall tales" I would ask that you seek the authors permission before republishing them, or  you could credit them and this website as the source.

If the Vernon flying club or other  clubs  would like a private forum I would be happy to host it on here, your members would be the only ones to have access to that section and would require an Admin to confirm your members.

Thanks for asking, I hope to have some more up soon.
John Swallow

Scudrunner:

I will indeed ask permission from each "Author" prior to inclusion in the Newsletter. I can't guarantee that any will be published, but I think they're of interest to our members.

For those that are interested, for a look at our operation, go to http://www.vernonflyingclub.org/ and have a gander.  There's a picture scroll at the top;  I've even managed to get in a couple of pictures...

Merci!

John
ScudRunner-d95

oooh spotted a Fleet Canuck pic on the site

Air Canada make any fly bys recently?  I think it was a week after that last time I landed in Vernon. Getting old 2003 I think that was?
Four Bars

Might this be the same "Jack Swallow" that wrote a wonderful description of learning to fly helicopters?
John Swallow

Four Bars:

Guilty...

John
Four Bars

That's great to hear.
A most-hearty welcome!
David MacRay

Looks like that club has fun. I was thinking maybe I should get a van to park down by Lake Okanogan until I saw the airport cam. Eww snow. I better stay here in my wife's warm house.

Might have to visit some summer during Peach Fest or something.