We can't let this happen.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

There is a poster on Avcanada who thinks this site will fold.

[quote][color=rgb(50, 61, 79)][font=lucida grande][size=1.35em]I'm selling betting squares on how long before they fold. Who's in? [/size][/font][/color][/quote]

[color=rgb(50, 61, 79)][font=lucida grande][size=1.35em]We won't let that happen.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=rgb(50, 61, 79)][font=lucida grande][size=1.35em]We have some of the most experienced people in aviation on this site and it will onjly get bigger as time passes. [/size][/font][/color] :) :) :) :)

Strega

Cat,

That same poster posts here as well.. you know,, the one that has nearly 10% of his total time actual IMC?  Sniff sniff.... 
Chuck Ellsworth

There is no way any site can please everyone and those of us who post a lot are bound to rub someone the wrong way.

Also if there is a real difference of opinion between posters it will eventually fade into history and anyone that really is interested in who to believe will figure out who to listen to.

One thing for sure that Colonel guy doesn't have a clue about flying compared to a lot of the experts with PPL's  that frequent these forums.  :) :) :) 

[font=verdana]Now as for me I am the John Holmes of aviation. [/font] :) :) :)
ScudRunner-d95

This site ain't going anywhere.
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=5301.msg13615#msg13615 date=1483673342]
This site ain't going anywhere.
[/quote]

Dude, I was just offering to be the bookie. You know, like in Shawshank redemption. You know, how long till the guy offs himself.

Recall, he turns into a good guy at the end.

No foul on you, Scud. You're trying something new.

Personally, I think the site is limited when their are a couple of  superstars  yakking at each other,  but what do I know.

People are funny. They don't care much what you know when you come off like -- it's too bad. Lotta knowledge wasted, IMO. 

Chuck, I'm sure you have a million cool stories flying in Africa.  Instead of ranting about how every idiot pilot is out there, write some stories. Write a book!  Seriously. I told you this before.

Start a whole section here, Chucks African adventures.  Build the site that way , cool stories and people might learn too. Just my 0.02.

ScudRunner-d95

Stay tuned we are working on a few new things on this site.
David MacRay

Are we getting monkeys? Everyone loves monkeys!
Colonel

[quote]a couple of superstars yakking at each other[/quote]

You don't like it when Beef and Strega get into it?
John Swallow

Re:  Total time vs instrument time

I don't have a pup in this spat, but after flying for twenty-five years in the Maritimes, I'd say that ten percent of my fixed wing time was IMC... 

When I was in "the milinary", we noted IMC time but when I started flying auto-pilot equipped aircraft, I stopped.

Even some of the rotary wing hours accumulated were technically IMC... 

John