Where money should go:

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Nark

Updated panel…
IMG_5070.jpeg
Swapped out my Garmin 430W and KX155 for a GTN650xi and GTR200.

Thank goodness for the Dept of Veterans Affairs. My kids college fund is mostly funded through taxpayers, from my years of service.
Otherwise I’d only be able to afford clown college after the install cost…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

That’s an amazing and clean panel!

Vacuum pump is long gone?

Dumb question: does anyone make a tiny lightweight alternator which plugs into the now-empty vacuum pump port on the accessory case? That would be some nice redundancy in cloud if the alternator packed it in.

Shed load and power up the field of the auxiliary alternator.

EDIT

Found this.

https://bandc.com/product/cessna-210-st ... lation-kit

Much too complicated. All you need is a toggle switch to power up the field manually when you want amps
Colonel

PS I note you use the portable battery-powered Sentry ADS-B in (white box on right).
I use one in the Pitts as well. It connects via wifi to my phone which displays traffic
which even if it doesn't have ADS-B out, has it's mode-C data rebroadcast by FIB.

Poor man's TCAS.

Incredibly it also includes a three-axis HARS which unfortunately I don't have room
to display. Pity.

https://www.sportys.com/new-foreflight- ... -2023.html

I can't believe you get all that for $600 from the place not known for low prices.

Pro Tip: Look at the ADS-B in before and after acro, but not during. Acro drives
it nuts, and will create all sorts of phantom returns of other aircraft in close proximity
which aren't there.
Nark

I built my own ads-b in thru a raspberry pi controller.
It seemed to have a lot phantom indicators.

http://stratux.me/

The stratus had a few phantom indications, but noticeably less.

I used to bring the iPad on every flight. Through the iPhone I can load the same approach charts and use the poor man’s TCAS to be a fully capable IFR/EFB.

I used to use the iPad for all sorts of things, but now it essentially collects dust. The company iPad has the requisite stuff when flying the paycheck generator.
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
Colonel

It does it's best, but ....

A physics guy will note the continuous exchange between potential and kinetic energy.

EDIT - it went bonkers again during acro. Screaming at me about phantom red returns
at my position and altitude. Too bad nobody tests software any more. Crowdstrike?