Crash N Go

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

Last edited by Rosco P Coltrane on Mon May 13, 2024 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Had to remove media tags that were bothering me.

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Slick Goodlin

Don’t do dumb things in airplanes, I guess.
Colonel

That video does not exactly align with the description of the accident on the wiki :)

PS Rolling from the surface is ridiculously easy.
Slick Goodlin

Colonel wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 2:30 pm
PS Rolling from the surface is ridiculously easy.
Lots of things are easy if you know what you’re doing. On the other hand, making stuff up in the name of looking cool qualifies as a dumb thing.
Colonel

I get your point but on a scale of 1 to 10 on the technique-intensive scale, a roll with no altitude loss doesn’t even rate a one.

Lots of speed, pull up, neutralize, full aileron until it’s blue at the top again and pull level. Max +2G.

I taught my 9 year old daughter to roll an airplane in 90 seconds, and my family is considered pretty dense by Canadian standards. Can the self-proclaimed aviation geniuses try real hard, and fly as well as a 9 year old girl?

I don’t get it. My son on my wing. He's kind of bored.

Colonel

Here's a roll from the surface at 400 mph in the L39.

That's easier than putting on my pants in the morning. No one taught that to me. I didn't go
on a two week course to FlightSafety to learn how to do that in a sim. It's bloody simple,
and as I pointed out above, I'm pretty stupid compared to Canadian pilots, so what's the problem?