What do you fly and why?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Slick Goodlin

This simple question came up in another thread but was quickly glossed over by most.  I still thought it was an interesting question so I started a thread of its own.

[b]So then, what do you fly and why do you fly it?[/b]

Slick Goodlin

I may as well start while I'm at it.  I fly a small fleet of Mitsubishis because I get paid to.  I chose the company because they had a reputation for not jerking people around but also because the plane intrigued me.  The MU-2 is somehow ugly and beautiful at the same time, rare for a number of reasons (most of which no longer apply), and they have this legendary mystique about them that draws the cool pilots closer while making the weinerly ones run away.

For fun I fly a handful of antiques for reasons I'll probably get into some other time.
John Swallow

I get to tool around in an RV-7A that I built myself over nine years with much help from the RV fraternity here in the Okanagan.  Finished a year ago May, it now has about 160 hours TT.  It's as near to the ideal aircraft as I've flown in many a year.  The controls are well balanced, it does "old folks" aerobatics, and is no slouch cross-country.  Perfect for this stage of my aviation career...

Chris

I fly a mighty 172M. For now. Because it's cheap and convenient and does what I need. Dream plane would either be an RV-10 or a Velocity XL, but obviously that's well down the road. I gave some thought to buying a Quickie Q2 kit recently.
Nark1

Selling my Stinson 108. I have my eye on a Maule M5 or 7 when I come back from government required servitude.

I love flying VFR here to there. I get more than enough time in the air, any given week or month.  For me in the small taildraggers, I go where I want to, not where the pax or Governor want me to go.
Fendermandan

OPP. Other peoples planes, while building RV7. The interesting bastard that i currently fly is pa30 twinco. Makes me very honest with approach speeds.
BCPilotguy

My 1966 Cherokee 180:

[img width=500 height=375]https://s3.postimg.org/xxphni3fn/140401 ... 2440_n.jpg[/img]

I bought it because it was the right deal that came along (I can't say at the right time though, I bought a new house and an airplane the same month!  It was the ultimate impulse purchase.).  I fly it because it will do everything I need, most of what I want, and I can afford to run it without running myself into the ground. 
woodzi

A CH750 because I built it. I also like the fact that I can maintain it myself.
Tailwind W10

My last 50 hours have been on a Citabria 7ECA.  I'm building a Tailwind taildragger, so I want to be as insurable as I can be when it's ready to fly.

Gerry
cgzro

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1]Pitts .. one of the best fun/dollar airplanes every built.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]