F-86 Sabres $1200

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
David MacRay

I could really go for one of those. Put it in the wife’s backyard and maybe play flight sim on a laptop.

David MacRay

Just me huh?
Squaretail

I think a sabre would be close to the top of my fantasy planes list. I got to sit in one once, and the thing that stood out to me (besides the fact that it seemed roomy enough to accommodate me even with a helmet and imagining wearing a chute) was how everything felt like it was where it was supposed to be. Stick and throttle and all the buttons were all placed intuitively. Possibly the best designed cockpit I have seen. At least in my limited opinion.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...
W5

I remember that there were about 40 of them at McEwen Field outside Moncton, and watched the first flight of one of them after the rebuild. One of those ended up in the ice cream parlour in Sacramento.
Colonel

How odd. TC thinks this guy is a really shitty pilot:

Deadstick landing through a very thick overcast in an F-86 to an airport he'd never been to before.

Short igniters. I'm sure you know that story.

If a really shitty pilot can do that, a pilot of average ability should have no problem flying a Sabre.

PS Note the green ink. Nice touch, but no one will get it.
David MacRay

No one will get that green is the opposite of red?

Red was the colour ink you would use to record an accident.
Slick Goodlin

A Sabre could be fun, just don’t over-rotate on takeoff:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Sa ... e_accident