New hobbies, skills and pastimes.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Capn Tripps

As I mentioned elsewhere, I’m still employed in the aviation industry full time, but because of Covid and schedule and being single I’ve found myself with a lot more time on my hands lately.

One of the things I started playing with is a 3D printer and working out ways to incorporate it into my sideline drone business.

As far as 3D printing, it turns out there’s a ton of useful things people have already designed to make their lives better, both in and out of the cockpit. I’ve been experimenting with different materials like PETG, TPU and nylon as well as PLA on Creality CR-6 SE. Wondering if anyone else has been doing anything interesting, either with 3D printing or whatever.

Cheers!

Scudrunner
Site Admin

Good to see you on here again!

My latest distraction was to build this site http://theinvestingforums.com/

5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
The Dread Pilot Roberts

Buddy of mine 3D printed some headset holders for his Bose A20. They cradle the controller thing.

I’ve seen some posts on forums guys 3D printing broken trim switches and buttons for older planes that they can’t find or are ridiculous priced. Not sure the legality of such on a certified but I highly doubt a plastic button is going to be noticed
Capn Tripps

That might be an idea.

Anyone want an A20 controller holder for a reasonable fee?
Scudrunner
Site Admin

How reasonable? I know a guy who runs a aviation forum with a store........
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
David MacRay

I finally flew a Citabria 7-ECA today. Does that count?
Big Pistons Forever

David MacRay wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:32 pm
I finally flew a Citabria 7-ECA today. Does that count?
Outstanding ! :D
Nark

Well done Dave!
Twin Beech restoration:
www.barelyaviated.com
David MacRay

It was fun, I would like more power. I don't think I would buy one, but I plan to fly it more.

The instructor never flew with me before and it was about 26 knots of wind. He did a three point landing, then suddenly it gusted and we were off the ground. He said, "Whoa, we're flying again." It was pretty funny. We had some laughs about that during de-brief. It does not even have flaps.
Chuck Ellsworth

The instructor never flew with me before and it was about 26 knots of wind. He did a three point landing, then suddenly it gusted and we were off the ground. He said, "Whoa, we're flying again."
What did that teach you? :mrgreen: