Bombardier Slashes 1800 Jobs

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

[url=2015/05/14/bombardier-slashes-1800-jobs/]2015/05/14/bombardier-slashes-1800-jobs/[/url]

I really think that Bombardier is its own worst enemy.

Colonel

It's an election year.  They can make all
the mistakes they want and the federal
government will get out the chequebook.
ScudRunner-d95

I wish them well, but the C Series should have been started years ago back when it was the BRJ X project. They allowed Embraer to gain a foot hold in the market and thought the CRJ line with minor tweeks would keep selling long after it was clear they needed a new design.

The Q400 is a remarkable airplane and serves a decent market but ATR has been able to take over the mid sized turbo prop market and erode the larger segment which BBD bet the farm on when ceasing production or development of the smaller Dash 8s.

On the business side, Im not sure why the Lear 85 was even started as its too close to the 300/350 challengers who where suppose to be on the lear line in the first place.

But yes the cheque books will be out and many photo ops taken on the production lines this fall, I wonder if this company was based in Alberta or BC would they get as generous support as they do in Quebec.