How's this for a 360?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Eric Janson

I can't embed the videos - enjoy!

Certainly causing a lot of hand wringing on a lot of Aviation websites!

Liquid Charlie

Let's do a 360 and get the fuck outa here  >:D -- while a bit of a bush manoeuvre it's difficult to judge how high he was. I know it was low but was it 200 ft or 500 ft. I have circled with a 72 and it looks dramatic from all perspectives. We even had a TC inspector riding as a passenger going to write the crew up for excessive banking. 25 degrees was never exceeded and going to 30 degrees is acceptable. It's just the illusion created by a long skinny aircraft with extreme sweptback wings. On the 100 series the wing tips are as far back as the stab. My reaction was maybe a little extreme for passenger comfort but he was certainly flying the aircraft and maintaining good control -- likely a RSA crew --  and how long ago was the vid -- they got shot at a lot --
Colonel

Good stick.  Smelling the jealousy.

They don't ever want to ride with me.  Or Snort.

[img width=500 height=371]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b2/d8/7a ... 5455c2.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]https://theaviationgeekclub.com/wp-cont ... a-Pass.jpg[/img]

Good stick.  Get him to tell you the story about his mom, the daschsund and a PT-22.

[img width=500 height=333][/img]
David MacRay

Just doing their part to reduce their carbon foot print by avoiding a go around.
TundraTire

First video has the rad alt calling "100" and a GPWS callout near the end.
Colonel

Yup, good stick.

What regulation was contravened?

I know that Egalitarianism was dented, but I hope
that’s repairable.
Chuck Ellsworth

If you are not able to do a simple 360 degree turn at a relatively shallow bank angle and maintain altitude then you should not be flying paying passengers.

It is that simple.
Alcoholism

I see nothing wrong here.  VFR over water in a wonderful, capable, maneuverable 27.  Sad, but not surprising to read the snowflake comments in the video. 

Those who don't know how to fly, won't understand how to fly.
Colonel

I keep asking what specific regulation was broken here, and all I get is crickets.

Ok, so this maneuver wasn't illegal.  I suspect it's only crime was against Egalitarianism.

I understand that 21st Century pilots view aviation as an extension of their political lives,
and that aviation should be dumbed down to the lowest level, to avoid hurting people's feelings.

Response from 20th Century pilot:  "Nah".

Smell the jealousy.  I'm seeing political (and hence aviation) doctrine based on envy and hate.

Maybe envious people could increase their skills, instead of demanding others not use theirs?
TundraTire

Legal?

Safe?

Smart?

If you were the owner of XYZ airlines, and you saw one of your pilots do that, how would you react?