Matt Guthmiller Youtube Aviator

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

There are so many bad youtube aviators out there, Matt isn't one of them, I actually enjoy watching this kids video of his flying.
I may also curse and call him a lucky little shit but he's taken the ball and run with it.

Also hes got me looking at Bonanzas for sale, (there's no replacement for displacement)
V tail of course because I ain't made of money and they don't scare me.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_YMUU ... ah0HW4xGGg[/youtube]

Nark1

I passed by him at Airventure last year, and he was surprised I recognized him. 

I’m also looking at a Debonair. Would have flown it today, but Cessna 180 + ice = no beuno. 

I think I’m going to drop the $75 to join the American Bo Society. 
anofly

Comanche 250 has way less pizzasz,, will cost about half as much to maintain, is very close to same speed, has better c of g characteristics... , and has yet to lose a tail. its wider, in the cabin, has a real baggage compartment.
(i could not afford a bonanza when i was shopping in 1989  ;) ) I love the thing....
Piper used off the shelf bolts , bearings etc ...etc. and automotive parts....
I am clearly biased, and cheap. but put 4000 hours on one and counting.
get the one with manual flaps....
Slick Goodlin

I wanna be a bad YouTube aviator someday, I just need to get the equipment first... and the skills... and some charisma... and gas money... and...
Nark1

[quote author=Slick Goodlin link=topic=10236.msg29518#msg29518 date=1575611989]
I wanna be a bad YouTube aviator someday, I just need to get the equipment first... and the skills... and some charisma... and gas money... and...
[/quote]

You'd be in good company, lots of the out there.

On another note.  I got rejected by my offer for a Debonair, found a 182.  Currently in a purchase agreement, and ferrying it to pre-buy inspection in a few hours. The fleet is growing!
ScudRunner-d95

if you look at the crash reports of the V tail Bonanza losing tails, they are almost all due to pilots losing control first (eg; vfr into ifr) then exceeding VNE and structural limits causing the tails to decide the wanted to hit the ground prior to the fuselage impact.
Colonel

Maybe it's just me, but I found the fishtailing of the V-tails to be kind of annoying.
Chuck Ellsworth

Same here it is quite annoying.

The Baron is really nice though.
David MacRay

They fit under the Eifel tower, so they have that going for them.
anofly

I sort of forgot that one, backseat almost unusable in any turbulence due to yaw... I recall from my test flight in one.. It was an older one, about 1958 or so.