New Look

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

Hi Folks, I installed a new theme.

This should fix the stupid tiny text we have been having issues with.

Also I am aware of the issues with the navigation,  [quote]ScudRunners.com> General Category> General Discussion [/quote]

Not being able to click it to jump back to the main page. I am working on it but the whiskey is out and im off to bed

Rookie Pilot

Keep going Scud.  Keep building. 
Slick Goodlin

Nice on PC, doable on phone, awful on tablet.  The thing with the mobile devices is it stacks everything in an awkward vertical way.  On my iPad the poster's avatar and info takes up 5-6 times more space than their message.  Not a great signal to noise ratio.  The youtube, vimeo, and facebook embed buttons on the reply page look like they probably work but the images for the buttons are broken.  I'm not saying this to be a dick, just giving input.  Hope it helps.
David MacRay

The go button beside the "jump to" menu on the bottom seems to work. Also tapping the big icon up top will send me to the main menu.

I'll get used to this and forget how it used to be soon enough.

ScudRunner-d95

Think I got that fixed, time to put another K cup in the Kuerig before Trudeau bans them for not being gender neutral and get to work fixing the posting options then make the logo responsive. 
ScudRunner-d95

[quote author=Slick Goodlin link=topic=9365.msg25721#msg25721 date=1542639466]
Nice on PC, doable on phone, awful on tablet.  The thing with the mobile devices is it stacks everything in an awkward vertical way.  On my iPad the poster's avatar and info takes up 5-6 times more space than their message.  Not a great signal to noise ratio.  The youtube, vimeo, and facebook embed buttons on the reply page look like they probably work but the images for the buttons are broken.  I'm not saying this to be a dick, just giving input.  Hope it helps.
[/quote]

All added to the list of things to clean up

David MacRay

Everything seems to work fine on safari now. I'll go try it on Mozilla and see how that goes later.
David MacRay

Ok seems good on Mozilla.  I see what slick means by the pc version being a bit nicer and how it stacks things kind of funny on the ipad. I don't mind either.
ScudRunner-d95

Noted, when I build these out I am at the desktop for obvious reasons. Ill see if I can modify the girth of the posts on the ipads.

Most forum software is older tech, basically think of retrofitting cruise missiles onto a battleship.

[img width=500 height=302]https://web.mst.edu/~rogersda/military_ ... launch.jpg[/img]
I could nuke the entire thing and start from scratch, however that would lose thousands of search engine optimized threads and cause you all to re-register.
Ill be cleaning up the "Online status" by our names that should be a green dot.

Speaking of dots how about those DHC "stars" eh??

I gotta pay some Indian kid to make the Logo responsive so it auto resizes to your Desktop, tablet, iphone. Few other things like the footer repeats itself.

Anything else, please sound off Ill do my best. Remember i'm just a pilot with a keyboard can't promise It will happen.

PS I nuked the Ads on the site, which for some reason caused viewing issues. Please clear your browsers history and your good.
Maybe ill do a Patreon thing like Col Sanders favorite Flight Chops lol

Just buy me a beer and im good folks.