AC Cheerleaders

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Rookie Pilot

Make me quite angry.

They would rather argue about their right to toke up until 5 minutes before arriving at the airport, than bother to read a Notam. 

You make the big bucks as a jet captain.

Do your job and stop whining about -- anything.

And before anyone gets offended -- do your job, offends so many people -- it's how I live my life.  Met very, very few people who work harder than I do. 

Hard work is a dirty word......that's another complete  subject.

Andy sometimes you are so right.  The arrogance is unbelievable sometimes I read. 

Does it have to go where they DO land on a  taxiway with 3 other loaded jets before it changes?

Chuck Ellsworth

You are 100% correct, there can be no excuse for not knowing all the information about a landing you had many hours of riding in the front seat of a modern jet to prepare for on a routine flight your company does as part of their system.

But even more puzzling to me is how did TWO pilots not see those well lit up airplanes until they were a second of so from landing no top of them....that is fucking unbelievable, simply unbelievable !!!!

I have been trying to remember if I ever was in a position where I was lined up on a taxiway in VFR weather at night and got that close to landing on a line of airplanes but try as I may I can not remember it ever happening.

SFO is not the worlds most difficult airport to do a VFR night landing at that I can guarantee you that having flown in over fifty different countries around the world.

Maybe Rockie can bring us up to date on this event.
Rookie Pilot

Presumably that runway at SFO has been closed before. Not a one day or night event.

How many hundreds of flights read the same Notam and landed correctly without an issue? 

This shifting the blame is offensive. And I dare say Canadian.

My friends think I am far more American than Canadian.

Maybe they are right. Not a diplomat.
Colonel

For me, the answer is 1940.

Pilots born before then, had to learn to fly.

The farther you get after 1940, the higher
the percentage of weak pilots.  Amazing
correlation.
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=9262.msg25434#msg25434 date=1540770763]

Maybe Rockie can bring us up to date on this event.
[/quote]

Not likely to happen chuck. 
Chuck Ellsworth

Yeh, he is concerned I might ask him to explain the difference between a " Hard landing " and an accident.

;D ;D ;D ;D

SFO was close to a " Really hard landing " in A.C. speak.
Nark1

It warms my heart that Ass-hats like Rockie, whom have flown the Airbus a lot longer than I have make less than I do. 

I know that’s entirely arrogant to say. But damn it feels good to look down on them.
Rookie Pilot

[quote author=Chuck Ellsworth link=topic=9262.msg25455#msg25455 date=1540863558]
Yeh, he is concerned I might ask him to explain the difference between a " Hard landing " and an accident.

;D ;D ;D ;D

SFO was close to a " Really hard landing " in A.C. speak.
[/quote]

LOL.

Colonel

[quote]Ass-hats like Rockie, whom have flown the Airbus a lot longer than I have make less than I do.  [/quote]

I know.  Aren't we BAD PEOPLE?

But gosh, it sure does feel good.

Heck, after taxes and dollar conversion, my 25 year old
son takes home more than [i]any[/i] AC pilot.  And I don't
know of any AC pilots that can fly as well as he can, either.
Chuck Ellsworth

I wonder why Rockie has disappeared?

Maybe A.C. decided he was an embarrassment even to them?