Canadian air force short 275 pilots as attrition outpaces recruitment, training

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

[url=https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... uitment-2/]https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... uitment-2/[/url]

The Royal Canadian Air Force is contending with a shortage of around 275 pilots and needs more mechanics, sensor operators and other trained personnel in the face of increasing demands at home and abroad

mcrit

That situation is go to get much worse before it improves.
Trey Kule

You bet it is.  The bastards keep telling me I am to old. 
Glad my seeing eye dog bit him now.

Actually, as I am sure our prime minister will tell us when she addresses the issue this is something all Canadians want and expect from their government, and it is the right thing to do. And by right thing, I am not referring to her dressing up in a flight suit.

The money for those staff shortages to provide our country with defense is better spent on refugees and lotto-terrorist winnings.

Kudos to all those military members who are serving above and beyond the call of duty to address the shortages.
vanNostrum

[quote author=Trey Kule link=topic=9044.msg24779#msg24779 date=1537465725]
Actually, as I am sure our prime minister will tell us when she addresses the issue this is something all Canadians want and expect from their government, and it is the right thing to do. And by right thing, I am not referring to her dressing up in a flight suit.
[/quote]

Clearly, this problem is a direct consequence of climate change , gender inequality, lack of consultation, sustainability,inclusiveness,  tolerance,cancelletion of Ontario's green energy act, Harpers secret agenda
and the tyrant in the US
Colonel

Not sure I would want to work for Justin Trudeau.
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=ScudRunner link=topic=9044.msg24748#msg24748 date=1537327966]
The Royal Canadian Air Force is contending with a shortage of around 275 pilots
[/quote]
Maybe Top gun 2 will help the recruiters out some.
Colonel

"Do [i]YOU[/i] want to fly an obsolete jet fighter, older than you are?  Come work for Justin!"

I dunno, man.  Needs work.

F-18 was cool, 40 years ago.

I guess that's a new aircraft, relatively speaking.  Snowbirds fly [i]60[/i] year old aircraft.

Insane, to be operationally flying aircraft that the designers and builders
have all died years ago, of old age.

Mind you, the Brits sunk the Italian Navy with biplanes, but the Brits are
the world experts in fielding obsolete hardware.  During the Falklands War,
I remember them [i]raiding museums[/i] to get hardware.  No shit.
vanNostrum

How old were the  F 86 the Argentinians brought back from retirement ?
David MacRay

Sure we should get a few F-35s but I'd rather see some long range variant of A-10s and some F-15s watching and defending our non US borders.