"Any conflicting traffic..." Is A Stupid Thing To Say

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Aft CofG

I was flying the across the prairies yesterday at at FL270, and I was unlucky enough to hear several different military trainers repeatedly end every single one of their long-winded transmissions with this stupid statements. I even heard someone gently suggest for them to stop saying this. Naturally, that crew came back with some smarmy response about saying whatever they want.

It's too bad the military baby pilots are being taught such terrible habits by their not-quite baby pilot instructors. I certainly do not mean that they can't fly, because they have excellent skills. This is one area that they certainly need to do a better job at teaching radio habits and etiquette.

It was painful to listen to this for several hours. It's such a ridiculous thing to say, and such a waste of bandwidth.

Chuck Ellsworth

What you should have done is said xxx I am right in front of you, do you have me in sight ?
Colonel

Good idea.  Next time I hear some dickwad
ACTPA I will reply that I am also at his location
and altitude, then turn off the comm.
Chuck Ellsworth

Wait about thirty seconds and then say... Oh my God you almost hit us.
Chuck Ellsworth

It is a local thing that just grew roots in Canada because someone thought it sounds professional.

I have never heard it used anywhere else in the world and I have flown in a lot of other countries.
BMac

It's an epidemic. Can't get a call in edgewise in some places. I will never understand why people are so bad on the radio. It's just talking!
ScudRunner-d95

Perimeter is the worst.
duCapo

Drives me fuckin nuts