Its Oshkosh ....Bitch

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
GoBoy

Who 's going ????

GoBoy

HuronPotentialConflict wrote: I am, first time. Not sure what to expect  :D excited for the night airshow !  >:D
Oh to be a newbie again
It will blow you away .......Aviation Mecca
The night show is spectacular
Have fun and tell us what you think once you are back !

Flying or Driving ?
Fendermandan

HuronPotentialConflict wrote: Flying... Just not sure whether the north route or south route (around Lake Huron). I heard COPA is giving out root beer floats to members at their tent, just so everyone knows :p

You will have fun for sure. Camping usually sucks, but it's worth it at the AirVenture, in my opinion.
6 am wake up call by the couple of RR Merlins  ;D

If you are flying from the East take a direct route, like real men over the lake at 500 AGL. MOA is not active. If you go around the lakes and take the "scenic route" the scenery is more less the same once you are West of the center-of-the-world.

The Wx is going to screw with you guaranteed, so watch out.

VFR Ripon-Fisk approach is cool experience. I have a PHd in that approach since I spent 2 hours last year in the holding pattern (doing the procedure over and over) after the E-Z incident. ATC was excellent in organizing us in the pattern. I even heard the words "Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full".
jump154

I'm going, sun to sun. Driving with the trailer (and the wife!), out northern route for something different, back the southern route. Will be somewhere in camp Scholler, look for a small Cdn. Flag and a small RCAF ensign and come and say hi!
GoBoy

HuronPotentialConflict wrote: Flying... Just not sure whether the north route or south route (around Lake Huron). I heard COPA is giving out root beer floats to members at their tent, just so everyone knows :p
Tuesday July 21 at the COPA tent , Free reception for all Canadian pilots COPA member or not
GoBoy

Dick wrote: I'm going, sun to sun. Driving with the trailer (and the wife!), out northern route for something different, back the southern route. Will be somewhere in camp Scholler, look for a small Cdn. Flag and a small RCAF ensign and come and say hi!
I also camp in Scholler at the corner of Lindbergh and Doolittle
All Scudrunners welcomed to drop by for a "Cooly Pop"
Look for a black Nisson Frontier lic plate FLYERR
David MacRay

It was too daunting of a drive for this year. Should be that much sweeter when I finally go again.

There just have not been many times in my life I have been walking, paused, looked up at a formation of P-51s then just kept walking.
Fendermandan

Oh another thing to add is if you are going through the MOAs VFR you can check this:

http://seeandavoid.org/

Naturally you should talk to whatever center and confirm. IFR guys are usually separated
jump154

If I wasn't excited enough...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/42eH-pmqLlk

Leaving Sat Morning, arriving sometime on Sunday. Viking trailer, Blue Jeep Liberty.
GoBoy

On my way ...... bitches