What is your all time favorite airplane?

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Chuck Ellsworth

For me it is the Stearman.

Eric Janson

That would have to be the A340-500 which is in a class by itself. By far the nicest flying fly-by-wire airbus.
Only 5 of the variant I fly were built of which 4 are still flying. It will fly almost 20 hours non-stop.
DC-3 would be second.
Slick Goodlin

I’m not sure I have a favourite airplane.  Every time I think I’ve nailed it down I remember a reason to love another plane more.
cgzro

Su26 - this one in particular. I just love the sound and the way they fly. One day perhaps ...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Four Bars

I've liked every airplane that I ever flew, just to varying degrees. My least-Favourite would be the original Zenith kit machines, my most-Favourite would be the

Boeing 767-200

The best blend of handling, performance, ergonomics, visibility, steam and glass instruments, and noise, of the fifteen jets for which I am type rated. I noticed that Pilots, senior enough to fly a different type that would pay more than the 767, elected to stay on it, it was that much of a standout among the fleets.

The up-engined Cardinal FG as the best bang for the roomy and comfy u know.

My beat-up RV-6 for the best all-round toy...
David MacRay

I only flew one plane I didn't love. It was an older 172 owned by Mirgan Air. It was nice but someone rebuilt it and the controls were stiff. It was the only plane I have flown like that.

My all time favorite was C-GJKC it originally had a nice blue stripe. Instructors often tell me to watch out for the fuel pump with the wing tip, possibly not knowing about the yellow line someone painted on the asphalt to help you be far enough away. Or the fact I tend toward being further than I need to be from most things.

Eventually someone else taxied it into the fuel pump. :(
TundraTire

The airplane that paid the most with the best schedule.
Slick Goodlin

[quote author=TundraTire link=topic=8601.msg23690#msg23690 date=1529506471]
The airplane that paid the most with the best schedule.
[/quote]
Whatever airplane you’re describing is the one I want to fly so I have money and time to fly my real favourite airplane.
ScudRunner-d95

Piston Banger was the Islander, get in and out tight strips and haul a good load.

Turbine would be the PC12 for all the above but could sit up high and well swiss made she just took the abuse we through at it.

Jet man this is tough the 727 just for the fun of buring almost 10,000 pounds of Jet A an hour, also waking up the neighbors.
But the Lear 35 was a great little rocket ship, unless you had to fly for more than two hours then water intake and expulsion became a factor. but when you depart off the 26L in YVR and turn back east over the coal pile around 20K feet up it brings a grin to your face.