GO FUND ME: online begging.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Rookie Pilot

...or other terms I could think of.

It's all --- . Demeaning of ones character instead of success through hard work, patience, perseverance. 

Now society is reduced to "give me money".  And this damages no one more than the young person asking for a handout.

I experienced tremendous adversity as a young person.  It wasn't fun and far harder than most any  story I've heard on this continent, anyway. But I worked like a dog and ultimately started my own company, and my experiences gave me the toughness to survive. And thrive. 

https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-comple ... t-training

This is so wrong. There are pages of "go fund me flight training"

mcrit

Darwin will catch up with them eventually.
ScudRunner-d95

hmm maybe scudrunners.com needs a gofund us annual piss up fund. Thanks ill look into the details.
Slick Goodlin

The other side of it is that some online content creators end up starting a Patreon account or something just because people beg them to take their money.
Eric Janson

Then there's this  :o :o
[url=http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-1 ... -virginity]
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-1 ... -virginity[/url]

Can't decide who's worse - the girl or the degenerate from Abu Dhabi.
Chris

Go Fund Me has legitimate uses: A 28 year old man from my small town with a wife and newborn kid was killed by a drunk driver last week. A fundraiser was set up for the family to help with things. I have no problem giving a few dollars to that sort of thing.

But if you want me to help pay your flight training or fix your busted airplane... Hah!
mcrit

[quote author=Chris link=topic=7491.msg20613#msg20613 date=1510919883]
Go Fund Me has legitimate uses: A 28 year old man from my small town with a wife and newborn kid was killed by a drunk driver last week. A fundraiser was set up for the family to help with things. I have no problem giving a few dollars to that sort of thing.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone has a problem with the concept of Go Fund Me; it's a good idea.  But like all good ideas it can go badly askew when implemented by less than bright people.
Nark1

I tried to donate 1¢ but it won't let me.  Only increments of $1.
Kartoon

Gofundme for my flight training!? Or mommy and daddy fund me for it?
Why the two should be treated differently?
John Swallow

"Why the two should be treated differently?"

I think most folks think it's the same as having your parents spring for your university/college education or you soliciting via the 'Go Fund Me" route.

The former is what's expected in raising children while the latter is -  well - begging.