Survival vest

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Fendermandan

Now this guy is prepared for the bush. What do you usually carry?

ScudRunner-d95

[youtube][/youtube]
David MacRay

First I laughed at how he looked like me without a shirt wearing that thing but I would use that vest after the unpack and description.

I should put my kit into a vest, it's smaller and currently in a red bag. Pretty sure I am over due to remove and replace the time expired stuff.

I think my mirror is a slightly bigger one than he showed. In day light if you flash SAR or any plane with a signal mirror they will probably see you. At night flares.

If I flew in sparsely settled areas I would use a SPOT or similar.
ScudRunner-d95

You need at least a .44 Magnum holstered under arm to be a real pilot.
David MacRay

If I'm only going to be stranded for a couple of days I would probably take a bucket of chicken, a flat of Pepsi and a bottle of Potters Dark rum.
ScudRunner-d95

If that was the case if I went down when flying in Northern Manitoba I would have had a 6 months supply of Chicken and pop. However If the pop and Chicken plane went down I'm sure I would have been rescued in a few hours tops.
Rosco P Coltrane

If you guys are up wind with that chicken flash will find ya.