I think I want a Grumman Widgeon

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
ScudRunner-d95

[b]I think I want a Grumman Widgeon[/b]

Source: [url=http://frontpage.scudrunners.com/nfb-bu ... dian-myth/]I think I want a Grumman Widgeon[/url]

Chuck Ellsworth

The Widgeon is a real pilots dream and really requires expert flying boat handling skills.

There have been a lot of them wrecked by pilots with more money than flying boat flying skills.

The first Widgeon I ever flew was owned by Carl Millard and it had fixed pitch wooden props, Carl always treated me real good because Wayne and I learned to fly together.

As near as I can remember it was around 1956 0r 1957 when I flew with Carl in that Widgeon.

The later Widgeons with bigger engines and constant speed props were just plain awesome machines.

So you buy one Scud and I will teach you how to fly it without wrecking the thing. :) :) :)
Chuck Ellsworth

By the way Scud, did you notice what that guy was doing wrong while the woman was cleaning the windshield?
ScudRunner-d95

He was facing the wrong way?  ;D

I think the bank account isn't full enough to get a Widgeon at the moment, perhaps ill settle for a Lake Buccaneer
Chuck Ellsworth

Yup he was facing the wrong way.

The Lake amphibs have a poor reputation through ignorance in the aviation society.

They are great little machines if you want an amphibious fun machine.

There were a lot of accidents with them during landings and take offs on the water, however the accidents were caused by lack of training and not understanding the simple rule of proper attitude when touching down or during take off.

They are flying boat hulls and will porpoise if miss handled, however with proper training you will never wreck one.

The Sea Bee is a far better handling boat, but very expensive to operate.

But not as expensive to operate as that window cleaner.
red_shiny_ribbon

Considering that could very well be his daughter, you sure are a sick bastard. Creepy grandpa for sure.
ScudRunner-d95

Could be but the names are different in the intro.
red_shiny_ribbon

The girl barely looks like she's out of high school, whatever lets you two creeps sleep at night.
Chuck Ellsworth

It really gets boring hearing from these posters who have nothing constructive to say on these forums.

Now if this expert who is complaining about our comments would jump in here and tell us about his experience flying the Widgeon we are eagerly waiting to read it.

So lets hear what you know about flying a Widgeon red-sinny.

As to our sexual preferences red-shiny maybe we are true believers in Muhammad and if she looks like she is just out of high school she is getting a little old wouldn't you say?.
Liquid Charlie

Like all old men I need to stay in shape so here is a pic of my gym

[img width=500 height=332]http://fotostrasse.com/wp-content/uploa ... um-181.jpg[/img]