We need more action on this site.

Aviation & Pilots Forums, discuss topics that interest Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts. Looking for information on how to become a pilot? Check out our Free online pilot exams and flight training resources section.
Strega

Ive only been flying for around 20 years, but when I first started out,, I remember some of the instructors at the school being terrified of flying in cloud...  even in the summer..

When you have the incestuous training environment like we have... what more do you expect?

Liquid_Charlie

OK I see the group is in arms again about the advertising "over there" I dropped a hint that there is a canadian and yes american forum as an option. To my surprise (likely because of the lack of advertising scudrunners shows up only when you search "scudrunners" search for an aviation forum. It's difficult to get new users if they can't find you.

We have a great bunch here but new blood from time to time would be fun. I know this always opens up the "separate the straw for the chaff" issues but that's part of online fun. :mrgreen:

I checked google and also duck duck go - scuds is a phantom :( - maybe we need a nice single ad to get listed on search engines - round and firm comes to mind and for the ladies a little beefcake

"black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight"
Colonel

Goodness.

Anyways, I think there are many more lurkers than posters here. I get texts
and emails all the time about posts here, from people presumably unwilling
to post here. Perhaps they know TrashCan will ban them if they post here?
Liquid_Charlie

Indeed - but why do they choose to just lurk?

The addition of a bunch that might gain some knowledge and offer some back. I don't particularly want the "job hunters" around but even they can be welcome if they want to learn about aviation and not just whine about jobs and finding one.

We have a great "hard core" bunch here and lots of experience and knowledge but a few new faces would be fun as well.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I actually run ads on google, its a tough racket my budget is 3 bucks a day for this site.
Their algorithms although secret, rank link backs (how many times other sites reference this one or link to it) they also weight those websites like reputable ones higher

So in order to gain more traffic I ask you all to post links to topics on here to Social Media and other Websites and forums.

We have a very active facebook page with 700+ followers and get 20K plus views of posts per month.
Instagram I'm getting more active on and Twitter as well.

Trouble is Forums are not as big as they once where, other platforms such as facebook took over much of the market share.

Other Aviation Forums like PPRUNE and Avcanada where early movers on the internet and thus garnered more attention back then and kind of like lumbering giants remain relevant with thousands of topics and links.

So If I can ask for your help please go hit Reddit or PPRUNE etc (Avcanada blocks the word Scudrunner lol) post links on there, ill keep up the social media accounts or if you are savy with such I can add you to be contributor able to post on there as well.

One thing I'm trying to do is look up top searches relating to aviation and then write articles about such topics.

All this will help rank this site higher and get more eyeballs on here.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Scudrunner
Site Admin

I forgot we are even banned on PPRUNE, one of the mods is a cross over from Avcanada and is butt hurt I guess .
but you can tell them to google my name and forum lol https://www.pprune.org/canada/636479-wh ... forum.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 out of 2 Pilots are Dyslexic.
Liquid_Charlie

A strange and wonderful thing happened. There was a thread running on avcan complaining about the amount of ads and of course people chimed in and told the original poster to get ad blockers and the banter continued and spiralled into some absurdity.

I posted a simple solution just to block anyone using an ad blocker and keep the loyal membership going and let the complainers do as they may -- to my surprise (not) the thread went poof in very short order -- I wonder why my suggestion triggered such quick censorship.

Damn that suggestion had such potential to increase the membership here. :mrgreen: the souls of admin's feet must have been getting very warm. I'm surprised I didn't get banned again --

Colonel

Badge of honor, dude.

Liquid_Charlie

as if blocking an IP address is a threat -- jeezus --

cool stuff --
Chuck Ellsworth

Jeses Colonel why did you post that banning from Avcanada, it just hurts me so much every tie I see it and remember they sent me one also.

What do you have to do to get to be a mod over there? Sodomize rats to prove how tough you are?